Clean Eating?

Options
I have decided to try clean eating. I am fully committing to this lifestyle change along with my new love of getting a workout in! I know to eat mainly lean meats, fruits and vegetables but I have a question. What about breads and soups? And pizza? What are the options for those? What kind of breads could be easy to find in a college cafeteria that would be "clean"? Whole grain stuff? Wheat stuff like honey wheat english muffins? I love pasta and stuff but i can easily give that up. I just need to be able to eat clean in my school cafeteria! I have gotten advice from a few people on here but any extra advice would be helpful!

Replies

• gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You should look at cleaneating.com or pick up the Clean Eating books written by Tosca Reno. They will certainly have the answers you are looking for! Good luck and welcome to clean eating! :)

I ate very clean in college because I continued to ask questions and make friends with the staff in the cafeteria. I actually became so incredibly friendly with the chefs that they made me my own separate meals! It was awesome, and delicious!! :)

- GiGi Eats Celebrities
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for making an effort to improve your health and fitness. But at the same time, I'd really urge you to focus on eating mostly whole and nutrient dense foods without worrying about whether or not it's "ok" to eat pizza or bread. If you enjoy eating a certain food, eat it as a part of your otherwise nutrient dense diet while hitting your calorie and nutrient goals.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Can you eat healthy on college cafeteria food? Absolutely. Eating clean? Not so much. :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for making an effort to improve your health and fitness. But at the same time, I'd really urge you to focus on eating mostly whole and nutrient dense foods without worrying about whether or not it's "ok" to eat pizza or bread. If you enjoy eating a certain food, eat it as a part of your otherwise nutrient dense diet while hitting your calorie and nutrient goals.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

^^totally this.

Make sure you get some fruits and veggies in, fats from a good variety of sources, hit your macros and 'allow' yourself to eat according to your lifestyle/personal circumstances and preferences. It really will make adherence easier, which in the long run, is the best thing you can do imo.