Oh No.....

Options
Girl Scout cookies arrived last night!!!!!!!! Now, where on earth did I put that will power. Can't seem to find it anywhere.... :laugh:

Replies

• dolce7vita
    Options
    Just only eat one or two at a time! Then you can enjoy them. Remember, its not the first bite that does us in, its when we eat the whole box!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Package them in their serving sizes. And as you enjoy one serving (I think like two cookies), break it down in your head as you eat each one ("Okay that's 70 calories, one more is another 70 calories). Might help your will power reappear
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I told myself I am giving them up for Lent. I am using Religion as my crutch! LOL
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies arrived last night!!!!!!!! Now, where on earth did I put that will power. Can't seem to find it anywhere.... :laugh:

Allow yourself to at a time (once a day). 2 cookies a day wont kill you.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Now, where on earth did I put that will power. Can't seem to find it anywhere.... :laugh:

In the freezer in single serving packets...it's there...go check! My wp will hopefully be there next week...that is when mine comes in!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Add some exercise to combat those calories lol.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I know mine are coming this week :C
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like to support Girl Guides, but I take the cookies to work and put them in the lunch room - they're gone in no time! (Especially when the IT guys discover them :laugh: )
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying any for myself this year. I'm having a few boxes shipped to our troops over seas. It's a win win situation, the soldiers get to have something that reminds them of home and the girls will recieve the money and the badges.
  • rockwife
    Options
    Evil.......We got hit by the girls when we walked out of Lowes on Saturday. My husband is the worlds biggest softy (he bought a pancake dinner ticket from the boyscouts as we went in) He had to get my last $2 in cash to buy a box of GS cookies. They are still on the living room floor unopened. Trying to keep the mindset that they are HIS.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    LIke everyone else said, having a few won't hurt you! I like to think of foods as how much time I have to spend on the elliptical to burn it...maybe if you equate it with an exercise it will keep you from overdoing it! I had two small cupcakes that I made last night then sent the rest of the batch with the hubby to work!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying any for myself this year. I'm having a few boxes shipped to our troops over seas. It's a win win situation, the soldiers get to have something that reminds them of home and the girls will recieve the money and the badges.

This is a great idea! Is it something you did on your own or was it something the troop offered as an option? I would have LOVED if the troop would have asked me instead "Would you like to send some cookies to soliders overseas?" I would have jumped at the chance, instead of saying yes when asked, "Do you want to buy some cookies?" :laugh:

I am in control of the cookies....I am in control of the cookies....I am in control of the cookies....:tongue:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

This is a great idea! Is it something you did on your own or was it something the troop offered as an option? I would have LOVED if the troop would have asked me instead "Would you like to send some cookies to soliders overseas?" I would have jumped at the chance, instead of saying yes when asked, "Do you want to buy some cookies?" :laugh:

I am in control of the cookies....I am in control of the cookies....I am in control of the cookies....:tongue:

The troop was offering it as an option. I did also buy 3 boxes so I could ship them to my BIL in Korea. The GS's were going to ship them over to Iraq and I knew my BIL would want his tagalongs and mint thins.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If I buy them, I "donate" them to coworkers. But I usually just give the girl scouts a cash donation when they are standing outside of the grocery store instead. I can't pass them up, so better not have them around.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Trefoils are the devil. :devil:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My devil is the Samoas. How can a combination of coconut, carmel and chocolate on top of a cookie not be the downfall of anyone? It's just not right. :grumble: