Any ideas for kitchen gadgets on your Christmas list?

Options

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I asked for this stuff for my kitchen this year:

carving board with juice "moat"
    Henckels Paring Knife
    Some new stone bakeware in a 9x13 size
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a juicer for Christmas, I love the idea of making whole, pure juices and smoothies. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I want a food scale and an assortment of new grater - like a zester, nutmeg grater, etc :) I like to grate sh1t? A new Lasagna Pan, and a bread knife.

I'm taking suggestions on which brand bread knife or food scale, btw.

PM me for my address on where to send my gifts.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I want a food scale and an assortment of new grater - like a zester, nutmeg grater, etc :) I like to grate sh1t? A new Lasagna Pan, and a bread knife.

Just need a few diff microplanes for all your grating needs :)
  • odusgolp
    Options

Just need a few diff microplanes for all your grating needs :)

Or maybe I can grate things on your abs??
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Kitchenaid stand mixer (love mine!)
    Ice cream attachment
    Meat Grinder attachment
    Pasta attachment

Anything from Williams Sonoma (like the pinapple corer that cuts it into rings!)
    Dutch Oven
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE some Mauviel Copper Cookeware (although not gadget-ey)

Slap chop!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Kitchenaid stand mixer (love mine!)
    Ice cream attachment
    Meat Grinder attachment
    Pasta attachment

Anything from Williams Sonoma (like the pinapple corer that cuts it into rings!)
    Dutch Oven
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE some Mauviel Copper Cookeware (although not gadget-ey)

Slap chop!

Rumor has it the pasta attachment is discontinued :(
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I need one of these

31gObLj74VL.jpg
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I think to put a Magic Bullet on my list. Just saw one at Costo just over $40. Not bad. Love to make smoothies and protein shakes which I usually do with my blender. A bit messy because it is a big thing, only for one cup. And most of it all the frozen fruit get stuck in the blades and I have to poke it to loosen it up. Nobody else in the family loves smoothies.
    Any other ideas for kitchen gadgets?Maybe a digital food scale?

Don't get a Magic Bullet. It was one of the worst kitchen appliances I ever bought. I made salsa with it. I didn't get salsa - I got pureed tomato goop. I tried to grind up chicken salad - the chicken salad was just as complete as it was when I threw the pieces in. The ONLY thing a Magic Bullet is good for is smoothies. My advice? Get an immersion mixer for like $15 and you can make your one smoothie at a time.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I asked for a George Foreman because they're really versatile. Specifically I wanted it to make like hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

I would do anything for a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I asked for a George Foreman because they're really versatile. Specifically I wanted it to make like hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

I would respectfully suggest the above reason is why you, and others, should not have one :devil:
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Last year I got a KitchenAid, a set of Wustof knives and a "slap chop". Slap chop is the funniest thing and doesn't work very well...but I HAD to have one. Clearly I should have known better.

I want a digital food scale and someone to teach me to weigh meat. Can you weigh it frozen? I rarely thaw before cooking.... Can you weigh it after it's cooked?
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    A juicer!

I'm so tempted to just buy myself one right now, but I guess I can wait until Christmas and hope it's under someones tree! lol
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Thermapen.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options

I would respectfully suggest the above reason is why you, and others, should not have one :devil:

I normally walk quietly backwards out of the "room" when I see comments like this, but that, sir, was very rude and uncalled for. Now I shall quietly walk out of the room. That is all.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I asked Santa for a Ninja. Our current blender has about pooped itself.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i am asking for a magic bullet or food processor too!! and also an ice cream maker so i can make ice cream with almond milk!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    george foreman grill and sandwich press, T-fal actifry!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Definitely a Yonana!! I also wouldn't mind one of those cool plum coloured Kitchenaids