Hi all - finally started my fitness plan - looking for some

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a 33 year old stay at home mome. I live in Long Island, NY. I joined this site in 2009, but kept putting off actually getting started. Well, today is my first day. I woke up, worked out and am eating only healthy foods. I would love to get some support from other women on here who are doing the same thing. It's definitely not easy, especially being a stay at home mom. Once I am comfortable in this, hopefully in a week or two, I am going to quit smoking as well. It's a disgusting habit that I want to be rid of. So, any women on here that can provide support and frienship, please friend me and we can hopefully help eachother out!

Thanks and Good Luck!

Joanne

Replies

• 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Joanne, I started last week. I am eating clean and working out. It feels great to be back on track! I am a week-end smoker and I'm quitting as well. I threw them all out yesterday so next week will be my first week-end in years without them. I have two kids, ages 11 and 7 and I work full time. I've decided to make my health a priority for everyone, that can be a challenge at times.

I'd be happy to offer support, if you want you can add me as a friend.

All the best,

Heather
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Glad to hear you're stepping on board. I'm 35 and have a 13 year old son who keeps me busy. I was a smoker for many years, but I quit in October 2008 and have not smoked since. Just keep in mind to take one day at a time. Get focused and organized. The keys are planning and keeping a food journal. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Add me as a friend and I'll offer all the support I can.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hi there! I am a stay at home mom too! I just started one week ago. I love this site and have found so much support on here that I have actually worked out everyday! I would love to help you on your journey!