Insanity Nutrition

Options
I did my Fit test last night and my Hubby and I are keen to give Insanity a good try. Do we need to follow the nutrition guide? I use a HR monitor and I will be using my calories but wasn't sure if it makes a big difference if you follow the eating plan. I am getting some protein powder and will try to improve my nutrition but is it better to do it all 'by the book'?

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I did my Fit test last night and my Hubby and I are keen to give Insanity a good try. Do we need to follow the nutrition guide? I use a HR monitor and I will be using my calories but wasn't sure if it makes a big difference if you follow the eating plan. I am getting some protein powder and will try to improve my nutrition but is it better to do it all 'by the book'?
    Yes it makes a difference. Those programs tend to have sound nutrition guidelines (at least for calorie intake). I would follow them.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Hi, I think it does make a big difference if you want to achieve maximum results, and as your going to be dedicated to it you may as well do it right :) Good luck with it, i look forward to seeing how you get on! When are you starting??
  • starlight_dream
    starlight_dream Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, looks like I will be making some changes to my diet then! We will be starting tonight, we have to work out when the kids are in bed :) I will have to go shopping tomorrow and get the right food into my house!
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, looks like I will be making some changes to my diet then! We will be starting tonight, we have to work out when the kids are in bed :) I will have to go shopping tomorrow and get the right food into my house!

Good luck!! I cant wait to see how you get on! Im starting P90X in Jan, Im really looking forward to it :) Not sure il think that as im doing it lol x