Does anyone else have problems getting enough calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• corazo23
    Options
    Eat more high fat foods like nuts or nut butters and avocado. Also cook or dress your foods with extra virgin olive oil or other vegetable oils. Fat has more than twice the calories of protien and carbs.

I have read this other places too.. just add olive oil to pretty much everything. Gets you a few hundred calories a day with a few spoonfuls. I have not tried it yet. Just what I normally use and I use olive oil mayo.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I find when I'm watching what I eat and making healthy choices I have problems getting enough calories. Sure, I find a way, adding snacks and stuff like that. It can be so frustrating though, thinking well what else can I eat just to get a minimum amount of calories!?

My biggest problem prior to starting my weight loss journey was mindless eating, snacking because I was bored, and just making poor choices that I knew were bad. Now that I'm more conscious and trying to log everything I eat I'm have trouble finding nutrient rich healthy foods.

Suggestions?

Go back through a representative week of your diary and count servings from each food group. Whatever you are missing out or low on (Oily fish? Nuts or seeds? Dairy?) work on adding that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I just ate my evening snack consisting of 3 Wasa crispbread crackers and 4 tablespoons of almond butter with a cup of almond milk - 545 calories. It's not difficult at all to get enough calories unless you're completely orthorexic in your food choices.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that this problem existed ...
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am always at some deficit I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full and never get to my calorie count. I eat many more vegetables and they are very low on calories but fill you quick. I was worried about it at first but I'm down 76 pounds and I'm always full. Good luck...!!!