Preaching the program

Options
Inspired by my nephew's 101 pound weight loss and an increasing need for a bigger mirror to fit all of me in, I decided to give give MFP a try. In less than one month in I managed to drop 18 pounds. During a Christmas party last night I became the center of attention with my achievement and soon found myself preaching about how well this program works. I have already found that telling others of my success quickly gets peoples attention. I should have passed around a plate. AMEN

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    LOL! Well done!!!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Lol! Nice one. Quite a lot of my friends have joined here but not actually used it once they joined. I guess once they start noticing my weight loss they might take another look here.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Cool story, thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I'm doing an "infomercial" , but I feel like I NEED to pass it on.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    HA! AWESOME.

4 Times in the last 6 months I have found myself giving a lecture in the grocery store. I am standing in an isle and before I know it, there are between 3 and 6 people listening to me. My husband told me I needed to go to figure out how to make money from it or go to work for Whole Foods teaching classes.

The way I look is a side effect of what I am doing for myself. The best part about what I am doing comes from the accolades from my doctors. My rheumatologist wishes every one of his patients do what I do, then they would not have to take so many pills and they would have a better quality of life.

We need for people to get out of the mentality that they are DIEting and make being healthy a lifestyle, not a horrible chore that makes them cranky and miserable.

I actually carry this soap box with me at all times.

L
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I should have passed around a plate. AMEN

Could depend on what's on it, of course.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I'm doing an "infomercial" , but I feel like I NEED to pass it on.

this!!! i found the answers and want to share