June Starters - February 15

Options
I didn't see this started anywhere, so even though I am a Wednesday weigher I thought I would kick it off...

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm sipping water already to try and counter all the sodium. I didn't weigh in at all last week and I figure I'll just weigh in this Wed and see what happens.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Well, here it is....my med school prom pics! I hardly even recognized myself in the photo! Hope you all are keeping warm from the snow!

20940_782953138600_12904759_4290672.jpg
  • busymom74
    Options
    WOW!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: Good job!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    You look great Courtney! Love the dress and shoes!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Courtney!!! You look AMAZING!!! And let me say, OH, MY GOD, YOUR LEGS!!!!!! I wish I had them :laugh: I am soooo proud of you!!! You should put this formal pic up beside your other formal pic with you in the blue dress.... I think it's on our JS website:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm back, thank goodness!!! I sang at my friend's wedding and got that over with! :laugh: It was nice and beautiful, but I'm so glad to be back home...
    I did good on the trip! I drank my water, and was very careful about snacking and what I ate... SO YAY!!! I'm hoping for a good weigh-in Wednesday!!
    I actually weighed this morning to see what the damage was and I was at 206.2 lbs.... If you remember, last Wednesday I was up to 210 :sick: So, I got that water weight (or whatever) off and dropped a pound (207.2 being the week before's weigh-in)....
    So, hopefully, by tomorrow, I can pull off a few more ounces :happy:
    I plan on doing jazzercise AND boot camp tonight at the gym... I have been wanting to try a double header... I have a friend who does both and she is really successful with getting her weight off... I LOVE jazzercise because it's such fun cardio... BUT I LOVE boot camp because it really, really pushes the limits!!! It's a cross training type class... We do EVERYTHING... cardio, weights, abs, legs, butt, kickboxing.... I mean, you name it!!! The instructor is a machine!!! And she keeps it fresh, so we are never doing the same thing... So, it keeps our bodies guessing which is PERFECT!!!
    Ok, June Starters!!! I can't wait to see our weigh-ins!!!!! :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Courtney - You look fabulous. Congratulations!

On a "me" note this week...I'm not weighing in. For the first time since June I'm taking a week off from weighing and giving myself a "free pass". :ohwell:
  • busymom74
    Options
    mama- sometimes thats what it takes to kick start the losses again. Just make sure you come back! :wink:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Courtney You look sensational. You must of felt so good and so proud of yourself (with good reason!!).

I am reporting no change this week. I am actually up a little bit but I am following mamakat's lead and taking a pass. I think by morning (my normal weigh in day) I will be back to the same anyways, but I had a minor procedure done, I feel like a bag of poop and I am just not weighing in the morning.

I wish you all success this week, I will pop in to see how you are all doing.
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I would love to make my ticker read 40 lost for next week. I doubt it is possible I seem to only move half a pound at a time right now, but I am pushing myself to see how close I can get. Although it will be diet mainly that determines it since I can't work out for a couple of days.

Wish me luck...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Much luck, momto4wifeto1 !!!

Ok, it's Wednesday, so that means this morning I stepped on the scale... Believe me, I was SHOCKED!!!!

SW 230 lbs
    LW 210 lbs (that was kind of messed up, so really I'm counting from 207...)
    TW 203.4
    GW 135'ish

So, yay!!!!

That's 6.6lbs away from the 210 and 3.8lbs away from the weigh in before that (207.2) ... I'm THRILLED!!!!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Congratulations Kandyjo. I figured last weeks gain was mostly water for you, but it could have stuck around if you didn't do something about it. Great Job!! You are so close to a major milestone, I am cheering for you from the sidelines :happy:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I changed my mind and will own up to it...

SW 176.5
    LW 138.8
    CW 142.2 (back to where I was the beginning of Jan!:cry: )
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Thanks, momto4wifeto1 (I'm going to have to give you a nickname...that just takes way too much time to type :laugh: ) I can hear all of you cheering me on!!!! I'm cheering for you guys too!! :drinker: I'm 3.5lbs away from being out of the 200's!!!!

Mamakat~ It is always better to "own up to it"... As much as we hate to do it.... It is better in the long run... Sometimes we just need a good kick in the *kitten* :wink:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hola mis amigas! Hope you are having a fab day despite the cold! Today was a long day--we scheduled classes for our third year and I finally get to start working in the hospital. They said I'm looking at 70-80 hours at the hospital per week :indifferent: I will definitely take it over being in class and studying all the time though! I'm excited to deliver a baby and sew up a wound (which I will get to do next year!). Can those of you that have children imagine a 24 year old pseudo-doctor delivering your baby? hehe they only let us catch the baby and then immediately hand her/him off :happy:

I have good news to report this week, MUCH to my surprise. Considering my hellacious weekend, I have no idea how I pulled this off.

LW: 146
    TW: 145

Oh and thank you guys so much for the compliments. They made me feel so good :) you girls keep me going, seriously. Without you and your support, I would've quit so long ago.

Mamakat- no big deal, that weight will be gone before you know it, and most of it is prob water weight!

Kandy- Awesomeeeeeeeeeeee you'll be moving down a pant size pretty soon if you haven't already!

momoftwo- I hope you hit your goal of losing 40 by next week. You can totally do it. Get to the gym and sweat it out! :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Courtney, when I had my son I had about 8 to 10 student nurses observing and when I had my daughter, I had a physicians assistant helping! LOL.... when you are at the point of delievery, you don't care who is in the room you JUST WANT IT OUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT!!!! :laugh: You'll do awesome!!! :wink:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hey girls!! So when I originally weighed in yest. I was only down 0.4 lbs but this morning was a total of 1.3 so I'm taking the 1.3.

I think I may actually start weighing in everyday to keep myself accountable for what I'm eating. I sat down and tried to figure out why I only lost 0.4 in 2 weeks and realised it's my attitude. "Well it's Thurs and I don't weigh in until Wed, I can work this off." No more. Yest i told myself I'd weigh in again today and since I was off all day I really had to use self control. The fact that I was weghing in today is what did it for me. I figure if I weigh in everyday I can at least be accountable for what I'm eating. And if I did fine on my cals but still have a gain I think I can be ok with that knowing our bodies change each day.

Mama- That takes GUTS! Good job owning up to it!!

KJ- I'm keeping last weeks weigh-in at 210.2 for you since it's what we had and so you deserve to see the big loss on the SS. Great job!!!

Courtney- Great!!!! That's so exciting about school!!

Momto- I KNOW you can get your ticker to say -40 lbs next week!! Go for it!!

My goal is to get my ticker to say -40 by March 3. I think I can do it.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    busymom ~ Way to go on the 1.3 lbs loss!!!! :drinker:
    One thing I have learned so far on this journey is that our bodies are NUTS!!!!! I absolutely do not understand my body AT ALL.... I don't know if you guys watch The Biggest Looser, but the red teams Melissa (who I really didn't like) reminded me of how I feel.... She had problems with losses and GAINS... and did not understand WHY....neither did Bob... I'm telling you, a woman's body is a mystery!! LOL
    I don't know how some people who workout less than I do and eat comparable to what I do and weigh about the same as me can drop around 5lbs a week and I bust my butt and do good to get in a pound loss... But, I'm going to keep plodding away with my little 1 lb losses (except for this AMAZING WEEK) ... I will reach my goal... It's just going to take me a while :laugh:
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Hey gals, sorry I've been awol this week so far! It was a long weekend up here in Ontario, and then there were two job postings whose applications were due last night so I was busy putting together resumes!

Courtney - WOW! You look fantastic in that dress! And I agree with Kandy, your legs are killer!

Kandy - you're so close to the 200's!! Keep up the fantastic work, you're such an inspiration!

Mamakat - good job on owning up, I'm sure it'll come right back off again!

momoftwo - good luck!! You can do it!

Busymom - Congrats on the 1.3, and good luck reaching the -40 by march, you can do it!!

Sorry if I forgot everyone, but you're all doing fantastic!!

Anyways, I'll use my Tuesday morning weigh-in since its closest to my normal Monday weigh-in
    SW 182.4
    LW 139.6
    CW 139.4

This morning I weighed in at 138.6! I was happy to see it, so hopefully I can keep that up until next week so I can use it as an official weigh in!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    schliefen, THanks!!! BUT I'm close to the 100's!!!! WOo HOo... I'm going to leave the 200's in the dust, Baby!!!! :laugh: :drinker: