polar ft 4

Options
QUESTION- my transmitter wouldnt work this am all of a sudden, so im guessing the battery needs to be changed. not sure the battery life on it, dont think i've had it a yr. looks like they only sell the panasonic online, so wondered if i find the model by a different brand battery... if that's fine..

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Have you washed the strap lately? And tightened it? I was having trouble with my FT7 and i did those two things, it started working just fine again...
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    not that strap, but i did the transmitter itself. (prob crazy) but rinsed it & dried with it with dryer @ gym (since that's where i was).. will try that, THANKSSSSS
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Is it that the signal isn't being picked up by the watch? If so, this was happening to me starting a couple months ago and it finally came down to figuring out that the watch battery was actually the one that was worn out, not the transmitter. The watch batteries are harder to find in stores now too but I just ordered a set of 5 off Amazon for under $5 with free shipping. I'm a little worried that they'll be expired but Amazon's always been good about customer service so I'm sure they'll make it right if something's wrong.

Like srsteier said, make sure you've been wetting it, tightening the strap and washing per user guide. If you no longer have your user guide, you can dowload the PDF from the polar website.

Something else I'll note...this is speculation so please don't take it as a definite fact. They say not to dry the strap but I put mine in the dryer by accident a few weeks ago and it actually seemed to help things. I'm thinking this is because there was some water or corrossion in the snap hols on the strap that needed to be cleaned out. Maybe?
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    thanks for the input. yeah, i threw the guide away.. i hate clutter lol. def look in the grocery store to find it, hoping that's the cheap option but would rather it be something that fixes itself for the free option :)
    THANKSSSS
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    crisis averted :) just needed new battery thanks!
    def gonna order some online bc they're half the price on amazon, sheesh