Fit & Fun Sized Group!

Options

Replies

• kimberly_diane2008
    Options
    o yea i would love to be in this , im 5`3 and 211 and trying my hardest to get my weight off , im in pain from knee pain and cant do much .
    my life suffers from this and i cant do much with my husband because i cant get out and do anything , i need friends and motavation , so this would be perfect for me :smile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Today is week 3 day 5 of the P90X series and the "Legs & Back" dvd is complete. I haven't been doing ab ripper consistently b/c the few times I attempted some of the moves my lower back (where I suffer from arthritis) was really bothering me so I couldn't do the entire routine. Perhaps I'll give it another go once I'm through w/the recovery week b/c I want to continue to lose a couple inches off my waist. I guess losing another 2 inches off my waist (currently 27.5 in) could be my goal to work on for the month of March. Anyhoo, the workout is complete and the weekend can begin.

Hope everyone's day got off to a great start!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Biggest Loser Bootcamp is over & done with for the day. Yesterday I drank 12 cups of water! Thats a record for me. Now im starving. Im gonna have some oatmeal w/ strawberries in it. Check in with yall later.

Jzbaby: Congratulations on getting down 12 cups of water, you are making a lot of head way in this area. You should be proud, keep up the good work. You've also been doing a great job w/getting your workouts done consistently.

Thanks choco :smile: I weighed myself today, but i didnt like what i saw so i am weighing myself on Sunday. Its soo annoying!! I wish these pounds would just come off already! :grumble: I finished 40 mins of circuit training. I almost didnt do it because i was discouraged about what the scale said. I thought to myself "oh forget it" for a second but didnt let the # get the best of me. Just gotta keep chippin away at it. I drank 10 cups of water yesterday and am aiming for another 10 today. :drinker: Im pretty sure im just holding on to some water weight right now and that why the scale isnt showing a lose....Have a good weekend!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Well my blood work was apparently all "normal"... but I'm on day 2 of a stomach bug (and it's the 2nd time I've had it now) :sick:

I feel like Wendy Whiner. :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Where did this day go. I've been out the house since 8:30 am and am finally able to relax. Today is week 3 day 6 of the P90X series and I'm suppose to do Kenpo X but since Kenpo X is a kickboxing dvd I've decided to switch it ouf for my Saturday morning kickboxing class. I love this class b/c the instructor has soooo much energy and he keeps it fun. In addition to the kick *kitten* kickboxing class I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new! Set some sort of goals for yourselves and put them in your ticker and/or post them here. No one here really keeps track of them, but it's been said many times that writing them down helps you stick with them. Seeing them in your ticker helps remind you of them.

Serendipity32 – Hang in there with the running. You’ve made a lot of progress already. As soon as the snow here melts and the mud dries up, I will start running too and we can challenge each other to keep going. My goal is to run a 5k with my kids (2 teenagers) next summer. I can run about 1.5 miles right now.

Imagymrat – I type my replies in Word then cut and paste. I can’t spell either.

Ashleigh – I love DQ! I’m sure it was worth every calorie. Think of it this way, you got your calcium and Vitamin D in.

Caroline523 – You should be eating your BMR ( you can find this under tools) and there should not be a big gap between your calorie intake and your daily goal. There are so many things that can trigger starvation mode which will keep you from loosing anything. Yes, I do think it is harder if you’re shorter. Hang in there and the weight will come off. We’ve all learned a lot from each other in this and other posts. Welcome to MFP.

I'm having a good week. No weekend warrior plans for me this weekend. I am still recovering from running too much without stretching first. (I've already been scolded about it too) It's suppose to snow again this week and I'm hoping the skiing will be good next weekend and hope to go.

We are going to a Chinese New Year's party tonight and I know I will be over my calories, but I don't think I can resist home made Chinese food and treats. I just hope they have fireworks. My 15 year old daughter told me that some times I act more like a kid than she does and I told her she needs to come down to my level and lighten up. lol

Here's KICK to all who need one and a :bigsmile: to all who want one! Have a great Saturday.

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Well i weighed in today. Still didnt reach my 1st mini goal :sad: Looks like its gonna take at least another week. I cant really feel too bad about it tho, cause i know i gave it a good effort this week so whatever. I'm not gonna let it ruin my mood. I did Biggest Loser Bootcamp today! Im proud of myself for that cause i NEVER work out on the weekends. But i REALLY REALLY want this so im doin what i gotta do to get it done. Summer is creeping up on me fast & i really dont want to be thinking about my weight all summer (unless im thinking about how hot i look lol just kidding). So tomorrow starts another week...lets keep it goin people!! :happy: :tongue: :glasses:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening ladies! Since it was a beautiful day in Georgia I was able to pull myself out the bed despite the horrible cramps and go for a walk around the local park and 35 minutes later the workout is complete. I still don't feel well but I have to get it together b/c I'm reporting to the office tomorrow, so, it's going to be an early night.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today feels like the first day of school since I'm returning to the office after working from home for the past 3 months. I wanted to check in before I hit the road to begin my drive since things may be very hectic and I might not be able to check in as frequently.

Today is week 4 day 1 of the P90X series and is dedicated to the recovery process. I was suppose to complete the Yoga X dvd but I'm not feeling Yoga at all so opted out of that. I completed 3 miles of the Leslie Sansone "5 mile Fat Burning Walk" dvd for a total of 36 minutes. My hope is that i'm not exhausted upon arriving home this evening so I can complete the Cardio X dvd but I wont commit to it until I see how I feel. The TOM is still kickin my tail.

Nonetheless, a workout has been completed for today and if I'm able to get an extra one in this evening great but if not I've done something for today.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Morning all... finally feeling "human" again... weighed myself yesterday and was down 6lbs due to the stomach bug (granted I know most of that will come back on as I start to actually EAT again :laugh: ).

So today I start small with "actual" eating and exercise, have to get back in the game but don't want to blow it on day 1. :bigsmile:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am back and ready to get back on track. Count me in.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Welcome back Marilla!

I decided to try a new workout today. I did Biggest Losers Last Chance workout. Wow it kicked my butt!!! But I love the feeling of finshing my workout & knowing i did it & not having to feel guilty about not working out. Check back in later, have a good day!!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I am back and ready to get back on track. Count me in.

Congrats on your recent wedding!!! :flowerforyou:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I must admit that I have been indulging and my scale reflects it, but am ready to get back on track. I am going to try to stick to my calorie goals and do yoga and zumba for exercise.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Workout # 2 for today is DONE! Go me!! :happy:
    6 cups water down, 2 to go :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! I don't have a lot of time since my work day has begun but I wanted to check in w/my ladies before the day got away from me. I got up at 5 am this morning and rocked out the Cardio X dvd of the P90X series. This is week 4 day 2 of the P90X series and since it's considered the recovery week I'm changing up my routine a bit.

Jzbaby: Congrats on rockin out those 2 workouts in one day. You'll be at your goal before you know it.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Morning all! I did a nice steady 2 mile walk on the treadmill last night, trying to get myself back into things after the last couple of weeks. Doing good on my food the last couple of days, so hopefully I see some lasting changes on the scale THIS week. :huh:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Pushed myself to do 2 workouts this morning for a total of 50 minutes. Quick Trouble Zones & BL Last Chance Workout.
    Thanks Choco :flowerforyou: You are doing an amazing job at keeping motivated & pushing through! Are you seeing any differences in your body since starting p90x? Have a good day ladies :wink:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to everyone new to this forum.

I am recovered from my running without warming up and back to doing my daily exercises on my Wii and my Yoga class.

From scanning the posts it looks like everyone is in good spirits and most are on track. That is great. I hope we all get rewarded for our hard work at our next weigh ins.

I know I'm doing good with eating and exercise but the scale isn't moving. So, I've just got to hang in there. I know the closer I get to my goal weight the harder each pound will be to loose.

JAM
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This is funny. My sister just bought me a shirt that says "I'm not short, I'm fun size!" I'm 5'0", I don't really have a lot of weight to lose, I just use MFP as a way to log my calories and exercise for the day to keep me on track. I agree that weight gain is more noticeable in petite gals and it can take forever just to lose one pound. We have to pay more attention to inches lost and percent lbs lost and percent inches lost. Since starting MFP I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I've consistently lost inches every week. I've already lost 2" alone in my waist! Being petite means a whole different set of expectations in weight loss and overall health. Good luck to everyone!