Dr Physical questions

Options
I know I was suppose to before starting diet and exercise but they didnt have any appointments available until next Monday.... Is there anything specific I should ask or have them test for? Im healthy otherwise so im sure they wont find i grew a 3rd arm or anything but just thought id ask what i should be asking for when i go.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Generally, I think you consult a physician to ensure that #1-you are healthy enough to start a weight-loss plan, #2-that you need to start a weight-loss plan, #3-ensure that whatever method(s) you plan to use are safe and healthy for you, and #4-that your goals are realistic, healthy and achievable. So, I'd expect your physician to ask you questions (about your "diet" plans, your exercise plans, your goals, etc.) and that he or she will provide input on whether or not your plans are healthy for you and provide suggestions for improvements and/or alternatives if necessary. You can ask whatever you want, but the general idea is to make sure you are healthy and your plan is healthy & safe for you (and whatever your particular situation is).
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    In general, if you aren't a "sick" person, don't go making mountains out of molehills and have them test for a bunch of things. Just have your doctor discuss what they think is the best calorie intake/exercise plan for you.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Generally, I think you consult a physician to ensure that #1-you are healthy enough to start a weight-loss plan, #2-that you need to start a weight-loss plan, #3-ensure that whatever method(s) you plan to use are safe and healthy for you, and #4-that your goals are realistic, healthy and achievable. So, I'd expect your physician to ask you questions (about your "diet" plans, your exercise plans, your goals, etc.) and that he or she will provide input on whether or not your plans are healthy for you and provide suggestions for improvements and/or alternatives if necessary. You can ask whatever you want, but the general idea is to make sure you are healthy and your plan is healthy & safe for you (and whatever your particular situation is).

Thanks!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In general, if you aren't a "sick" person, don't go making mountains out of molehills and have them test for a bunch of things. Just have your doctor discuss what they think is the best calorie intake/exercise plan for you.

Well said.
  • lnsy613
    Options
    I JUST went to the dr yesterday to discuss weight loss (or in my case, lack thereof) and they just did a consultation and a blood test during which they will test for a gluten allergy, thyroid condition, insulin levels, and a few other things dealing with any metabolic issues. If you feel like doing such a test will help you - do it! Otherwise, take the sound advice of the other posters!