Hooked on Yogurt in yummy recipes

Options
cmriverside
cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
Baked French Toast
http://www.mountainhighyoghurt.com/recipes/Breakfast_baked_french_toast.htm

An easy way to start the morning without a lot of cleanup. Just bake it, then top it with fresh berries, fruit preserves, warm maple syrup, or powdered sugar.

1 pound Challa bread (about
1 loaf)- or any soft bread.

8 large eggs

3 cups Plain, Vanilla, Lemon or Raspberry Mountain High Yoghurt

2 tablespoons maple syrup

¼ cup sugar

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1½ teaspoons cinnamon

Cut bread into one-inch cubes and set aside.

Beat eggs in a large glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Add yoghurt, syrup, sugar, salt, and cinnamon, mixing well. Add cubed bread and stir to coat all pieces well. Pour into a greased 13x9-inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until golden.

Makes 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Calories - 170
Total Fat - 6g
Cholesterol - 125mg
Potassium - 168mg
Sodium - 320mg
Total Carbohydrates - 22g
Protein - 8g
Fiber - 1g
Calcium - 10%

CLICK the "MOUNTAIN HIGH" ads on your pages here on mfp. Mike and Al get paid, you get coupons, and the recipes are incredible! (and the ugly fat belly and yellow teeth ads magically disappear! I'm on to something.)

Replies

• cmriverside
    Options
    another yummmm veggies recipe:

Stuffed Zucchini
    http://www.mountainhighyoghurt.com/recipes/stuffed_zucchini.htm

The humble zucchini's versatility is its charm. It takes on flavors with minimal effort. This recipe makes a great side dish for any cuisine, from Italian to Moroccan.

3 large zucchini

½ of a medium onion

1 cup walnut halves

18 mint leaves

½ teaspoon kosher salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 egg, beaten

½ cup Plain Mountain High Yoghurt

½ cup bread crumbs with Italian
    seasonings

Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out a straight row using a melon baller, being careful not to scoop down too deep. Repeat procedure for remaining squash, reserving flesh. Set aside.

Place reserved zucchini flesh into a food processor and add onion, walnuts, mint leaves, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Pulse several times, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the egg to the food processor along with the yoghurt and bread crumbs. Pulse to combine the mixture.

Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe into the hollowed out zucchini (alternately, place mixture in a plastic bag with a zip closure, squeeze out excess air, close, and cut off a small piece of the corner for piping). Repeat until all zucchini are filled. Place in a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish and cook at 350°F for about 30 minutes until zucchini is tender all the way through. Serve warm.

Makes 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories - 210
    Total Fat - 14g
    Cholesterol - 40mg
    Potassium - 565mg
    Sodium - 438mg
    Total Carbohydrates - 17g
    Protein - 8g
    Fiber - 3g
    Calcium - 10%

Serving size: 1 zucchini half.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Baked French Toast
    http://www.mountainhighyoghurt.com/recipes/Breakfast_baked_french_toast.htm

An easy way to start the morning without a lot of cleanup. Just bake it, then top it with fresh berries, fruit preserves, warm maple syrup, or powdered sugar.

1 pound Challa bread (about
    1 loaf)- or any soft bread.

8 large eggs

3 cups Plain, Vanilla, Lemon or Raspberry Mountain High Yoghurt

2 tablespoons maple syrup

¼ cup sugar

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1½ teaspoons cinnamon

Cut bread into one-inch cubes and set aside.

Beat eggs in a large glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Add yoghurt, syrup, sugar, salt, and cinnamon, mixing well. Add cubed bread and stir to coat all pieces well. Pour into a greased 13x9-inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until golden.

Makes 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories - 170
    Total Fat - 6g
    Cholesterol - 125mg
    Potassium - 168mg
    Sodium - 320mg
    Total Carbohydrates - 22g
    Protein - 8g
    Fiber - 1g
    Calcium - 10%

CLICK the "MOUNTAIN HIGH" ads on your pages here on mfp. Mike and Al get paid, you get coupons, and the recipes are incredible! (and the ugly fat belly and yellow teeth ads magically disappear! I'm on to something.)

Cant's wait to try this!:drinker: Sounds really good.

What "Mountain High" ad? I would love to get rid of the ugly fat belly ads!:grumble:

Laura :smile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    What "Mountain High" ad? I would love to get rid of the ugly fat belly ads!

Laura

gotta look for "good" ads. the Mountain High is a yogurt ad. It'll pop up, click it. Mike gets paid. I usually keep refreshing or changing pages when those gross ads show up until there is something I can stand to look at. And oddly, now Mountain High seems to pop up a lot.
    I'm not sure, but I think google "learns" our preferences based on the ads we click. (google owns the ad service, I think)

MexicanBeanDip.jpg

Mexican Bean Dip

Always welcome at any party!

1 16-oz. can refried beans

1 16-oz. jar medium salsa or your favorite salsa

1 cup Plain Mountain High Yoghurt

Shredded cheddar cheese

Sliced scallions

Chopped red onion

Place refried beans and salsa in a medium saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring often, until heated through. Gently stir in yoghurt and continue heating, stirring occasionally, until heated through again.

Garnish with shredded cheddar, scallions, and red onion to taste. Serve in a glass or ceramic bowl with a basket of tortilla chips.

Makes about 5 cups.

Nutrition Facts
    Calories - 80
    Total Fat - 2g
    Cholesterol - 5mg
    Potassium - 128mg
    Sodium - 370mg
    Total Carbohydrates - 10g
    Protein - 4g
    Fiber - 2g
    Calcium - 10%

(Serving size: ¼ cup )