Old journey, but new road! Let's support each other :)

Options
Re-posting here, sorry LOL

Okay so here is my story.

Like many, I was always overweight. In highschool I averaged between 180-200. For my 5'4" frame it was a lot. Size wise, the smallest I was in high school, or after I hit puberty at the age of 10, was a size 12/14. Many things factored into my size: bad eating habits, crazy home life, and emotional eating. Food was comfort and easy to turn to when I was stressed or down.

The real issue with this is that it followed me on through to adulthood. I would easily flucuate 20 pounds back and forth, which is unhealthy. The only real positive thing about my eating habits, was that I started to explore more out of my comfort zone, trying fruits, salads with more than meat and cheese.

In 2008, I seemed to have found a balance in my busy life. I fit a little exercise in, ate smaller portions, and seemed to have gotten down to about 175. That is until 2009 when I met my son's father. Long story short, but it wasn't the healthiest relationship or best for my well-being. So I went back up to 200 within 3-4 months! YIKES!

Before nursing school was about to start, I found out I was pregnant with my son. I decided to drop out of school, and figure out how to be a good dependable mom. I gained 42 pounds in that pregnancy, and had a beautiful 9 pound 3 ounce baby, and the love of my life! After I had my son May 28th, 2010, I was a good 230 pounds. I decided after seeing some god awful pictures that, I was done being that big girl who wasn't comfortable in her own skin.

By my six week post checkup, I was 203 (breastfeeding, healthier eating and light exercise). So began the start of my journey.

My life in the past 2 in a half years has changed so much. Working, being a full-time mommy, getting out of a bad relationship, school, moving, and just simply adjusting to finding a balance as a single mother(still figuring that out LOL), I've worked really hard at not gaining back all of that weight.

I eat healthier than I ever have in my life, although I have my moments, and overall Im more active and willing than I have ever been.

Friday when I joing MFP I weighed in at 171 and that is down 6 pounds from January 2012 when I was 177. The smallest I have gotten to this past year was 162, but some of that was due to have a really bad stomach flu for 2 weeks.

So I've decided that enough is enough. Yes, I have accomplished to maintain a consistent weight loss over the past 2 1/2 years, but I have yet to reach my UGW. I really could use the extra support. I am pretty discilined when it comes to counting calories, but exercise is a bit harder for me.

My first goal weight is 145 (26 pounds away).

My ultimate/ideal goal weight (that right now feels unattainable is 130)!

I don't want to put a real deadlock deadline on this, but I'd love to hit my first goal weight by my son's 3rd b-day, May 28th, 2013.

My ultimate goal weight by mid August 2013!

Stats: 24 years old
CW as of 12/7: 171
GW: 145
UGW: 130

So my fellow MFPs, lets do this!!!

Replies

• MyFitGrlSwag
    MyFitGrlSwag Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh and I amd looking for others to add as support :) Can't go wrong with some extra encouragement!