Working out while pregnant

Options
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant, I was doing the 30DS and walking on a regular basis when I found out. I have no idea what safe workouts are while pregnant, walking is obviously okay but what about the 30DS? Last pregnancy I was a lump on the couch eating cheeseburgers and gaining weight, this time I'd like to be active and keep my weight gain under control as I'm starting out 40 pounds overweight. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was always told (first time around) to keep doing what you have been doing - so if you are a runner, keep running, but don't take up anything new! Also may well be advisable not to do any lifting. If you have been doing 30DS then the modified versions I would have thought were fine. I carried on at my aerobics class until 16 weeks (when my hips gave up the ghost!).
    The thing to bear in mind is that it's not a good idea to overheat too much, so keep an eye on your temperature and listen to your body. If in doubt ask your doctor / midwife?
    I also did an aqua aerobics class specifically for pregnant people (really good later on, particularly with the hip probs) and I know a lot of people who did pregnancy yoga (although mixed reviews - some said it was mostly just relaxing!). You can buy specific DVDs (and I'm sure find on line) for pregnancy.
    Good luck what ever you do!