Trying to lose 30+ pounds before my 35th birthday!

Options
Hello all,

I have struggled for the longest time, going up and down with weight for years! I really want to hit a milestone birthday (April 29th) feeling confident and toned! I have a great support system, a gym membership and now......no excuses! I would love any insight, tips, tricks, etc. to stay motivated! The Chicago winter makes it soooo hard to get out of the house to go running, but I am determined to get started (again!). Wish me luck & have a great day!!! :)

Replies

• jgorem
    jgorem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some tips for you.. I find my motivation gets lost a bit, but I keep trying...
    I wish you the best of luck with it all. All I can say is keep at it... I have just been shoveling snow and that burns a good amount of calories, so who knows if I can keep that up, I might hit my goal too..
    Good luck... :)
    Jess
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the hard time in the winter. I live in Canada so I understand. I bought a cheap treadmill for really bad days. It was around 300 dollars and it is actually a nice one. The lady was downsizing so I got a deal on it. Good luck on your weight loss. Add me if you want.
  • AzPie
    AzPie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Chicago and totally get that about the winter motivation slump...maybe try some DVD's - 30 day shred, P90, or Physique 57 are really popular. I think you just have to force yourself to do it and after a few weeks you will be in a habit and miss it when you don't. Good luck!
  • Celina429
    Celina429 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments! I wish you luck as well! Shoveling snow is a great idea! I usually leave that to my boyfriend, so I guess I'll get my boots on when the snow starts and help him out, LOL! I will definitely force myself to hit the gym three times this week (gotta start somewhere) and the DVD idea is a good one too! I have exercise TV on demand through my cable box and I've never used it. Instead of waiting for the new year, I want to start now. We can do this!!!! :)