Sodium intake...

AmberMommyTo2G1B
AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have been seeing people talking about their sodium intake and how it can affect weightloss... Well I decided to put mine in my diary today.... Umm I am at 500 over what I should be almost daily.... How is this going to affect my weight loss?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Sodium just makes you retain water, so if you are over your sodium amount for the day I would drink at least one extra glass of water for every 250mg you are over. So at 500 mg over you should drink about 10 glasses of water instead of 8, this way you wont retain the water, and the sodium shouldn't affect your weight loss.
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Alright thank you :)
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with the post prior as well - not sure how much it effects long-term weight loss. My concern has always been long-term health. Processed foods are TERRIBLE for hidden sodium. Overloading on sodium can also affect your ability to have effective exercise. Here is a link to Mayo Clinic for an overview.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sodium/NU00284
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    I never even thought to check my sodium intake, i'm so glad you posted this ,I just looked and I have been over by over 2000 a few times.
This discussion has been closed.