Healthy, packaged snacks?

Options
I'm trying to collect myself a little variety of healthy snacks so that when I'm tempted to get a bar of chocolate out of the cupboard, I can get something healthy instead :) since a lot of the time I end up eating chocolate/crisps because they're just what's there. Quick and easy to just grab and eat!

So what sorts of things can I buy?
I have special k biscuits, a little packet of almond cookies. Nakd bars and Trek bars. Asda forest fruit slices. Raw fruit bars that I can't remember the brand of. Things like that. And fresh fruit of course but I want things that don't go out of date very quickly!
Any suggestions for other (cheapish) things I could try? :)

Replies

• Slimmd
    Slimmd Posts: 10
    Options
    Trader Joe's is a good resource for mini-packs of almonds, trail mix, freeze dried fruit (with no added sugar!), etc.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ice cream

paleo beef jerky

choc covered goji nuts (superfood alert!)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Pitted dried dates- they come in a little tub, have quite the shelf life, and taste like candy.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk. I've been trying almond milk with Whole Foods' Chocolate Soy Protein with spirulina. :)
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Raisins. They aren't really low cal but they are healthy!
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have it where you are, but I love the LARABAR's. made with 4 or 5 ingredients. no gluten, no added sugar or preservatives.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Two words: Snack Baggies.

hehe :drinker: Grab whatever "healthy" snacks you like.... baby carrots, celery sticks, lowfat cheese, wholegrain crackers, almonds.... make your own snack mix with raisins/dried fruit, cheerios, nuts, and carob chips mixed together etc.... then package them into "serving size" portions in the snack baggies. Helps you not grab the whole package/box/container and eat from it, and makes it a "quick-grab" snack!! :smile:
  • MarleneBorko
    MarleneBorko Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SunSweet has 70 calorie packs of Apricots. Gives you something sweet with only 10g sugar and low calorie (3 or 4 in a package is enough to hold me over in the afternoon if I feel like I need something).
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you feel about the artificial ingredients, 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn are a godsend. They're great for people like me who want to feel like they're eating a large portion.

You can also yogurt. I'd recommend going for a greek yogurt that doesn't have a lot of added sugar; I know that fage sells individual containers of plain yogurt that you could add your own fruit/nuts/whatever to.