Book called 'If I can lose it' and Weight loss Patterns.....

Options
Has anyone read the book called 'If I Can Lose It... a middle aged tech-fanatic's extraordinary journey & guide-book for losing weight'. . The Author has lost a lot of weight following myfitnesspal. In the book he mentions his patterns of weight loss eg one day up, next day down, next day up again....stays up and then down until loses etc. Does anyone else take much notice of their weight loss pattern. This is assuming you are eating your daily calories and going over/under by too much.

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yes.

It varies by what I'm eating, how much water I'm drinking, how long I've been at it, deficit size, and BF%.

As I near lower BF%'s I will gain daily for a week or more straight before a whoosh, new low, and restart of the pattern, often the days I look the leanest are also when I'm heaviest and vice versa.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track my weight weekly and chart it. I just posted my chart in another thread, so I'll put it here too:

i-Mx4gDpZ-M.jpg

I will maintain or even gain for a couple of weeks a month and then lose a larger amount the next week or two. This is pretty consistent over the last 19 months! One thing I just noticed about my chart is that the fluctuations are less since I started running in March of 2012. They're definitely still there, but the swings are smaller than they used to be.