Plateau and cannot figure out why

Options
2»

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Without any stats from the OP, I can only suggest the same stuff that is typical in these situations:

1. you are not eating enough (calculate your body fat percentage, BMR and TDEE at fitnessfrog or fat2fitradio.com, and eat at a 20% deficit)
    2. weigh less often (once a month is best for me)
    3. take measurements once a month
    4. maybe lower carbs, but I am not sure that makes any difference (it doesn't for me / a calorie is a calorie)
    5. eat .8 - 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass every day
    6. Weight loss is definitely not linear - expect hills and valleys on your loss chart

If you want to share your food diary and other stats you may get better advice. Best of luck to you!!!!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Surprised how often this comes up come on people there is no magic number you should have lost by now... If you are doing things the RIGHT way meaning not eating too few or too many calories eventually you will lose weight. Are you doing and what can you change? Then do it!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Your body lost weight because you gave it enough food to function. If you have 50 pounds to lose and only eat 1200 calories, your body is starving and will hang onto every calorie.
    I have been eating clean for 5 weeks exercising 6 days a week eating 1200 a day and lost only 2 pounds and I have 50 pounds to lose !!!!

I got so desperate, I then ate 6 digestive biscuit, 2 bars of TWIX, Bounty, Galaxy , thats 1200 calories worth of chocolate btw

the next day I ate about 5 pieces of honey cake (750 cal) Plus my meals..... GUESS WHAT I lost weight The next day !!!!!!!!!

I was so shocked that my body was so clean to the point where it felt something is wrong, thats why it reacted this way.

So maybe you can give yourself 2 days worth of your maintenance calories, then the scale will budge. maybe this was the case for

me, I'm not saying that your body will react the same, but you should try it as long as you stayed in your calorie range.

Happy weight loss