Emotional eating

Celestia
Celestia Posts: 106 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I came to the realization that I am definitely an emotional eater. Over the weekend my mother was in the hospital for an unknown pain in her liver and I was terrified. What did I do to relieve the stress? I ate the fattiest popcorn I could make and I baked a bunch of cookies and ate half of them. On top of the stress with my mother in the hospital, I was having relationship problems days before V-day, so I was double stressed and just pigged out. No exercise, no clean eating...just straight comfort food and brooding. It was this weekend that I came to grips on how bad of an emotional eater I've become. My next objective is to find books to help me replace stress coping mechanisms from food to something less threatening to my goals.

Thanks MFP community for your listening and your support!

(my mom is ok now and I've actually posted about her on here before, she is doing fine now but she had a good scare and said she will change her life now...I guess I'll wait and see what happens because I also realized no matter what I say and do she won't change unless she wants to.)

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I recommend The Food and Feelings Book by Karen Koenig.
  • I hope your mom is doing better!:flowerforyou:
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    thanks for the recommend, I'll order that book today from the library :)

Thanks Kas for your good words :)
This discussion has been closed.