Looking for Pittsburgh Friends

Anyone from North of the Burgh? I'd love some new friends, and especially workout buddies who are at Club Julian on McKnight Rd.

Replies

• Hi! I'm from Pittsburgh, though just south of the city. I lived in the North Hills for about 1.5 years until we moved here. I'm currently working out at Gold's Gym downtown. Well, I should say, I'm getting back into it...my husband and I used to go together on occasion, but he decided it's best for him to go in the morning, which I just can't do because of my work hours. So...I'm flying solo! :)

Feel free to add me! Good luck in your journey!

Jess
  • Add this gal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/SofaKingRad_

Tons of info and support. Always there to help cheer you up! Big Pirates and Steelers fan, she is!
  • I am about a half hour south of the city! I venture into Pittsburgh all the time, usually the south side and the north shore :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,337 Member
    You guys know that anyone on the entire internet can read these posts, right? I would just advise caution in telling personal details such as where you live and what time of day you go to ABC Gym.

Learned the hard way.
  • agreed, I won't post what gym I go to...I don't mind saying I am from the Pittsburgh area though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,337 Member
    Smart woman. I'm amazed at the number of people who will put their name and gym and phone number and emails on here. I think they feel safe for some reason....:noway: They tell people to text them and meet them for walks and stuff. Yikes.
  • You might want to join and post in the following group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/59-pittsburgh-pride

I also agree with cmriverside about limiting what you share online.

Also kinda freaky that the accounts of Britney and the person she recommended are both deactivated.
  • kikujiro
    kikujiro Posts: 16 Member
    Hi from Pittsburgh =) So far, I'm really enjoying Club Julian, too! It's a really nicely laid out place and the fact that its open 24hrs is a huge plus for me. I do agree about what some others have said, you should be mindful about your info you post, as I'm sure you're well aware of the weird people that lurk in the internets.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    I live in the north hills area of Pittsburgh. I did belong to Club Julian years ago. I really liked that gym. I dropped my membership because it takes me to far out of way to go there. I just use videos at home and/or walking outside. That is mainly because I don't live to close to a gym between work and home.