Recommend a good Creatine brand?

Options
Hello guys and girls, I've been exercising for 3 years and am now deciding to bulk over December through to June, I've never used creatine before though and am looking for a good monohydrate that is effective and cost efficient, any recommendations?

Replies

• craigineson
    craigineson Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like to purchase from MyProtein and I've never had a problem with any of their products.
    I think my friend buys from BulkPowders - gives a very similar review.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition makes a 2000g tub for around $45. Lasts whats seems like forever.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Either Con-Cret or Controlled Labs Green Mag/Green Bulge line.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's a commodity product. Just make sure you get the pure Creapure stuff.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition makes a 2000g tub for around $45. Lasts whats seems like forever.

is this the micronized one?
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Creatine-Powder-Pounds/dp/B0013OXD38/ref=sr_1_6?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179660&sr=1-6&keywords=creapure

Select subscribe and save to get 5% off and free shipping. Best deal on creatine mono I could find for you.

What zaph0d said, it is a commodity, there is no difference in brands.
  • dramir47
    Options
    just use unflavored creatine monohydrate. I use the vitamin shoppe brand "body tech". 15 bucks for 510 grams which last about 3 months. Just make sure you get at least a gallon of water a day or else you'll dehydrate!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the insight.
    just use unflavored creatine monohydrate. I use the vitamin shoppe brand "body tech". 15 bucks for 510 grams which last about 3 months. Just make sure you get at least a gallon of water a day or else you'll dehydrate!

water's not a problem, I generally get 1.5 gal water a day. If I drink some caffeine past 3pm I up it to 2 gal a day.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    con-cret creatine HCL ... u cant go wrong
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Creatine is creatine. Whatever is cheapest to you, usually mono. The others, HCL, ethyl ester etc simply have different delivery method and usually 10-20x the price for something that does exactly the same price.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Creatine is creatine. Whatever is cheapest to you, usually mono. The others, HCL, ethyl ester etc simply have different delivery method and usually 10-20x the price for something that does exactly the same price.
    But Mono bloats me bro!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    But Mono bloats me bro!!

Then you are indeed unlucky! LOL

Not sure how mono would bloat but HCL or ethyl ester (aka cat piss flavour) would be any different once in your gut?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    But Mono bloats me bro!!

Not sure how mono would bloat but HCL or ethyl ester (aka cat piss flavour) would be any different once in your gut?
    That is what you always hear when some talk about mono. They will spend x20 extra so they don't "bloat". The jokes on them, I guess.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    But Mono bloats me bro!!

That is what you always hear when some talk about mono. They will spend x20 extra so they don't "bloat". The jokes on them, I guess.

Ah :laugh: :grumble: