Fat Burner Cardio

Options
I have a question about Cardio. Is there any truth that lower paced cardio burns fat any better than high paced cardio? I think I remember reading something about this but don't remember. On my treadmill if I hit the Fat Burner mode it keeps me at a slower pace and only requires a HR of 122 vs 135 which is where me HR monitor and trainer says I need to be.

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    bump to read responses :wink:
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes that is true, when you do fat burn on the treadmill you are mainly burning fat but if you do the cardio button you are working more on endurance and getting your heart more in shape! That is why I like to do interval training, a few minutes in fat burn and maybe one minute of all out cardio and then back!! Good Luck!
  • Caz89
    Caz89 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have often thought the same thing... maybe this will help http://whatscookingamerica.net/HealthBeauty/HighIntensityWorkout.htm
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    from my understanding you are burning a higher % of calories from fat on the fat burning setting but burning way more calories in total on cardio setting. In the end you will burn more fat in the cardio setting, but the % of cals from fat would be lower than the fat burning setting.

As an example say you burn 200 cals on fat burning with 50% cal from fat (made up numbers) but on the cardio setting you burn 300 cals 40% from fat. In the end on the fat burning setting you would burn 100 cals from fat and on the cardio setting you would burn 120 cals from fat.
  • mom020305
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I did fat burner yesterday and cardio today and was wondering the difference in the cals burned! But that makes sense!
  • Caz89
    Caz89 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ok i've just had a read up on http://www.freeweightlosscenter.com/article48.htm and that backs up what the Erickirb said =)

"You've probably heard it, "you have to exercise at a lower intensity to burn more fat.. to get in the "fat-burning zone." guess what, it's a myth! "