Teach Every Child About Food

Options
Watch this video it's really good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwrV5e6fMY

I'll chalk this up as probably one of the most important things I've ever posted in these forums.

Discuss...

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    VERY POWERFUL! Thank you for posting!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    You're welcome :) Lets spread this message
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Bump!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Thank you Big daddy... Looks better if it doesnt come from the thread creator..LoL
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to watching this. TED is fantastic and I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver.

Everyone who uses this site is probably going to love this video. I'll give it a bump this afternoon when my painfully slow internet connection finishes fetching the video so I'll have actually watched it next time I comment! :)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dom_m
    Options
    Excellent, as predicted. Thanks for sharing this, its really worth watching.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I'm glad you liked it. Let's spread this video like a virus and wake up a few more parents to giving their kids at least a fair chance at living a good life as they grow into adults!
  • teb1215
    Options
    Excellent! And he's so right. I didn't learn about nutrition as a child, but I know better now. I teach my children every day and I've taught them to cook their own healthy meals. It's time for a movement. Love it.
  • Dom_m
    Options
    Yeah, plugged this on the college BBS (university residential hall, mostly they're all catered students plus a few post grads like me with self catered apartments, so I figured they need to take this pretty seriously)

:)
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I can't watch Youtube video's at work, but the thread topic got me. I have two girls, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 :) Can't wait to watch it tonight!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Dom how did that work out? Do tell!

LongMom, let us know what you think once you are able to watch the video :)

BIG THANK YOU to all parents who are already, or who havent but are NOW deciding to start teaching their kids about good nutrition. All of us deserve the best world class support from the best people on earth... Namely that would be all of us :)
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    This is an awesome post. I watched the video just now, not a massive fan of Jamie BUT i have huge respect for what he does. I am a primary school teacher in the UK so do see childhood obesity, it is one thing that makes me very angry as these children do not really have much of a chance of having a healthy relationship with food.

I wish that schools do more to teach children about food and how to cook, but not only that, teach them how to shop for food, read food labels and how to eat healthily. I wish the parents that can't be bothered to pack their children a good healthy packed lunch or cook them fresh produce would think about how this is going to affect their children in the long run.

Supermarkets do nothing but encourage us to buy/eat the s*** that they are selling but we are the ones that are responsible for what goes in our/our children's mouths. People are all too keen to blame EVERYBODY else for not being able to feed their families/themselves properly but we are the only ones that have the power to do it.

Respect to any parents who teach their children about nutrition and involve them in cooking at home and showing them the HUGE benefits of eating healthily. Shame to those who don't.

Sorry for the huge rant but it is a big bugbear of mine!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Bravo Lady C that was a very well placed Rant. I love your ink to that is really neat!
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Bravo Lady C that was a very well placed Rant. I love your ink to that is really neat!

Thank you very much. :blushing:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump to watch later:drinker:
  • metalpalace
    Options

Thank you very much. :blushing:

no, thank YOU :-)
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    bumping for later.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    bumping for later.

Bump so you can find it again easily when you come back to it :)