Runtastic inaccurate or for running only, not walking?

Options
I used Runtastic at the same time as my usual pedometer and there was a huge discrepancy. I was actually briskly walking not running, and my pedometer said I had burned 95 calories while Runtastic said 273! Does Runtastic assume you're running, not walking? Is there some setting I'm missing to switch it to walking? Thanks.

Replies

• spangey13
    Options
    There is an option on the starting screen to change the exercise from running to walking it is just above the green "start workout" button
  • kevinthenerd
    kevinthenerd Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There's GOT to be a better way for it to automatically determine whether you're running or walking by using the average speed. I did 2.11 miles tonight in 32:40, averaging 3.88 mph as an early stage of "Couch to 5k". Runtastic rounded this up to 5 mph.

I ended up creating my own spreadsheet to do the linear interpolation between different speeds. It ended up spreading tonight's workout to 25 minutes of 3.5 mph and 8 minutes of 4 mph. This linear interpolation isn't rocket surgery.

If any of the developers are reading this, I'm willing to give up the algorithm in exchange for the $5 pro membership. ;-)