calories when cutting

Options
So right now I'm trying to go through a cut, and I have seen a loss in muscle strength. It was not too great of a loss but I'm afraid my strength will continue to decrease.

My TDEE is 2932, I weight 208 pounds, body fat is around 24-25 percent. Recently I've only been eating 1400 calories which i now realize is way too low.

How many calories should I be eating in order to decrease muscle loss and continue to cut fat?

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    id say around 2200 with a high focus on protein
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    So right now I'm trying to go through a cut, and I have seen a loss in muscle strength. It was not too great of a loss but I'm afraid my strength will continue to decrease.

My TDEE is 2932, I weight 208 pounds, body fat is around 24-25 percent. Recently I've only been eating 1400 calories which i now realize is way too low.

How many calories should I be eating in order to decrease muscle loss and continue to cut fat?

300-400 below TDEE. Don't change this until weight loss stops solidly for 2 weeks, then drop 5-10%. No need for massive jumps. All very simple.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    id say around 2200 with a high focus on protein
    The OP needs to find out what works for them. I would personally try to get as many carbs in as possible. Carbs increase gym performance and mood.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I like http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ even if you aren't fasting.