Polar FT4 cleaning help.

Options
I need to wash the transmitter strap and just have a few questions:

-What is the washing pouch and is it absolutely necessary?
-Can I use normal (Tide) detergent?
-Wash in warm water on normal cycle in the washing machine?

Never washed it before and just want to make sure I don't damage it...

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    To wash my monitor strap I wet it thoroughly, rub some hand soap into it and then rinse it under running water until the soap is gone. I never would put it through a wash cycle in a machine. It's totally unecessary
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I use a lingerie bag, throw it in the wash machine, in the warm water cycle using whatever detergent that was on sale at the time, , and air/hang dry. I try to do this at least 2-3 times a month.

{this is in addition to rinsing in water after each use}
  • tburnelis
    Options
    I use a lingerie bag, wash in warm water, and air/hang dry. I try to do this at least 2-3 times a month.

{this is in addition to rinsing in water after each use}

I do the same thing. never any issues.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I toss mine in the washer with my workout clothes on "Hand Washables" (cold water). Don't use fabric softener according to the instructions. Hang it up to dry. I clean mine about once a week.

ETA: I don't put mine in any kind of bag....
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Lingerie bag here too. Just remember to not use fabric softener and air dry.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    pouch ?? mine just has the snaps..just wash as normal, then hang dry..no need to put in fancy bags or anything
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump
  • George1567
    Options
    To wash my monitor strap I wet it thoroughly, rub some hand soap into it and then rinse it under running water until the soap is gone. I never would put it through a wash cycle in a machine. It's totally unecessary

^^^^^ Wrong.

I sent a strap back to Polar that I had problems with and they were very upset that it had not been regularly machine washed. The strap was 8 months old, hand rinsed after every workout, machine washed a couple times each month, and the Polar rep on the phone said it was too dirty and corroded to the point it was not usable. The newer style Polar "soft"strap does not require wetting and regular machine washing, but if you have the mesh contact style it should be machine washed, air dry.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just put mine in quick wash warm, I don't use soap... don't remember reading that. lol. I machine wash once a week, rinse out after every workout. I've had it since like June I think.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I throw mine in my washing machine on heavy duty with regular clothes use tide and air dry weekly