Protein Smoothies

Options
Jenna423
Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
I'm sure a lot of people on here already make smoothies but I thought I'd throw this out there for those of us who crave ice cream or sweets and need something to satisfy.

I make a mixed berry smoothie that is pretty thick and is just as good as soft serve ice cream!

I scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/2 Cup milk
handful of ice cubes
handful of frozen fruit... I use a mixture of frozen strawberries, blackberries and blue berries (But you can really make any flavor you want)
1 packet of Truvia
And just BLEND!

I have this after I work out and its so satisfying and because of the frozen berries it stays really thick like ice cream. Of course if its too thick I just add some water.

Another hint, I make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie that also helps me out when its that time of the month and I'm craving chocolate and ice cream like CRAZY! LOL

Hope this helps!

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    mmmm choc peanut butter one expecially tom! lol
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Making smoothies guilt free and satisfy those cravings...I do a PB, banana, and chocolate protein powder smoothie when I'm craving chocolate, best part of it is that it works and I get more protein!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    bump
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    Interesting.
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check your protein content. We try looking for the one with stevia as the sweetner. No calorie and natural sweetner. Wegman's carries a good one.
    As far as a meal replacement drink, the healthiest one now on the market is Shakeology, talk about the recipe's that go with it...WOW! you can check it out at http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/MacD?bctid=35137119001
  • Rosa1558
    Rosa1558 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried with protein powder yet on any of my smoothies. But my 2 favorite ones are...
    Banana and Dole's dark frozen cherries and milk and ice
    And Mango( frozen mango, vanilla extract, which ever sweetner you use, milk , cinnamon and ice.
  • styanne
    styanne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    what is truvia
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Making smoothies guilt free and satisfy those cravings...I do a PB, banana, and chocolate protein powder smoothie when I'm craving chocolate, best part of it is that it works and I get more protein!

I do this one too! Yesterday I added a WW Toffee Yoghurt instead of the PB and it was like a banoffee smoothie!! Mmmmm!
    -x-x-
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of people on here already make smoothies but I thought I'd throw this out there for those of us who crave ice cream or sweets and need something to satisfy.

I make a mixed berry smoothie that is pretty thick and is just as good as soft serve ice cream!

I scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1/2 Cup milk
    handful of ice cubes
    handful of frozen fruit... I use a mixture of frozen strawberries, blackberries and blue berries (But you can really make any flavor you want)
    1 packet of Truvia
    And just BLEND!

I have this after I work out and its so satisfying and because of the frozen berries it stays really thick like ice cream. Of course if its too thick I just add some water.

Another hint, I make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie that also helps me out when its that time of the month and I'm craving chocolate and ice cream like CRAZY! LOL

Hope this helps!

I love smoothies, in fact I just finished my breakfast smoothie. My mix is very similar to yours, except I use 1/2 scoop of prograde protein powder ( I like vanilla). I measure my frozen fruit in grams and add ice or water to get the consistency I want. I like to add a few extra nutrient packed ingredients such as chia seeds and wheat grass powder. Today was banana and blueberry. Banana gives a nice smooth texture, and I love blueberries (frozen are by far the best price). I just vary the fruits using 60g to a bit over 100g each, so I can have the delicious smoothie with 250 - 400 calories max. My diary is public, and the recipe changes slightly , but I always just list my measured ingredients each time, so I have an accurate calorie track. I usually make a smaller one if it's a snack, or if I want something else with it for a meal.

Blend away........for fun and tasty nutrition.:bigsmile: :tongue: