Hello from Edmonton!

Options
So I just added this app three days ago and am loving it. Well today I am loving it.

At 41 realized that the weight was not going to come off on its own even with a pretty intense work out at the gym. Reality worked something like this:

Day one on MFP: Epic sized number on diary - like twice the amount I should be taking in per day...mourning the loss of the illusion that 'I can eat anything I want so long as I go to the gym'. Seeing it all written up made me mad at myself.

Day two on MFP: Enjoyed the technology geekiness of barcode scanner but still slightly in denial of food issues - until, with 13 points left after dinner I was lying on the couch with a funeral march playing in background wailing 'I'm hungry' in the same voice my 4 year-old uses to say "I'm booorrrred!" and had that dawning feeling that I was being pathetic and perhaps had a problem with my eating

Day three on MFP: Acceptance has rolled in and told my Dad I am using a calorie counter to monitor my food intake - and proselytizing about the app like I owned shares in the company. When I come down from the swings I am having in my moods I will surely be a happier bunny...day four tomorrow: who can say what will come of this adventure! ;)

Replies

• HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Your heading intrigued me because I grew up in St Albert. :o) Currently I'm living in the complete opposite weather zone.... Phoenix, Arizona!

Congrats on your first few days! Stick with it. Logging EVERYTHING has completely changed my life. I've lost 37 lbs since starting MFP. You can do this!! Stick with it. :o)

If you're adding friends... add me. :o)
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks! St Albert is a pretty part of the world - although I am sure you are enjoying the AZ weather far, far better. It has been snowing since Hallowe'en. Just. Wrong!

Impressive weight loss. I am motivated by the testimonials people are giving. I would love it if I could loose and maintaing about 30 lbs. I don't look too terrible but I know what I can look like and really would like to get back to that healthier and happier place. I am dreading Christmas a bit...(lots).