logging my circuit training workouts

Options
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add my circuit training sessions into my exercise log. I do four full circuits, no rest, and each segment alternates btw weights and cardio, session would last from 20-30 minutes..any ideas how to log this? I don't wear my HRM cause I've worn it right out, but previously I burn around 350 cals in each half hour session, should I just add it as aerobics?? it isn't but I don't really know how else to enter it. I have some great circuit plans if you want them send me a message and i'll send.

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There is circuit training in the exercise log. I do that 6 days a week. I don't have a hrm, so I use the calories MFP tells me I burned.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There is circuit training in the exercise log. I do that 6 days a week. I don't have a hrm, so I use the calories MFP tells me I burned.
    Thanks I must have missed it, i'll check again
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    Do bootcamp type exercises count as circuit training? I have a Belly, Butt and Thigh Boot Camp DVD and i want to make sure i record it right. There is no weight lifting only a combo of toning and cardio. I also have an old vcr tape that combines aerobics with weight lifting, would that also count as circuit training?
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    circuit training is basically any variety of exercises done back to back..ie:squats for 15 reps, followed by jumping jumps for 90sec, followed by hammer curls 15 rep, jump rope 90 sec, there's all kinds of variation but they each entail little to no rest in between , you c=just bang em out back to back until you've completed a set...anything along those lines is a circuit, but you can have cardio circuits as well, bike, treadmill, then elliptical..hope that helps
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    yes it does. thank you