Possible Microwave Effects on Your Biophotons

Options
Ok, I was reading some posts on microwaves and the person refered to this web page. I don't even know where to start. Biophotonics. I thought I had seen it all. HOW many idiots are out there that actually believe this???? And What Next? Any suggestions???

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx

" Biophotonics is the study, research, and applications of photons in their interactions within and on biological systems. Much of the work in the area of biophotons was done in Germany. Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt discusses biophotons in our 2008 interview.

Biophotons are the smallest physical units of light that are stored in and used by all biological organisms—including you. Vital sun energy finds its way into your cells via the food you eat, in the form of these biophotons.

Biophotons contain important bio-information and are very important to many vital processes in your body. They are partly responsible for your feeling of vitality and well-being. You gain biophotons by eating foods rich in them, such as naturally grown fresh vegetables and sun-ripened fruits, which are rich in light energy.

The more light energy a food is able to store, the more nutritious it is.

If the "microwave effect" exists (as you shall see, there is a huge amount of evidence that it does), then microwaves can potentially destroy biophotons in the same way that it alters other structures, rendering your food dead and lifeless.

It seems quite plausible that microwaves could disrupt or destroy biophotons, since they are capable of breaking apart DNA bonds!

As far as I can find, there haven't been any studies of the direct effects of microwave radiation on biophotons, but it seems like an important angle of investigation for the future."

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Dr mercola can and should be disregarded entirely.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What's a microwave? I thought they were called Death Boxes now.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. So, biophotons are the smallest unit of light in your body; are they smaller than normal photons? Also, what sort of "bio-information" do these biophotons contain? Like, other than reflections and stuff? Also, where in the body are these biophotons stored? Fat cells? Blood? I'm terrifically curious. Do biophotons have wave properties or do they lose those and just become particles in the body? Are the photons themselves biological, in that they are living organisms?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    The death box will render our "food dead AND lifeless."

Not JUST dead but still with a few life signs, like walking, audible moans, ingesting brains for nutrients.

So, in other words, the death box will save us in a Zombie Apocalypse
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I promised myself to be more respectful and nice on the forums. To the OP, great post. To anyone who believes this nonsense.. /facepalm.

I love my microwave!
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    9148130.jpg
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I promised myself to be more respectful and nice on the forums. To the OP, great post. To anyone who believes this nonsense.. /facepalm.

I love my microwave!

^^ Me too!! I'm willing to bet there were all kinds of people who were against electric stoves way back when too because the electrical force would destroy the food...

Any method of heating foods and liquids changes it - doesn't matter if its over an open fire, in an oven or in the microwave. Same, same, same. It's called cooking.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Dr mercola can and should be disregarded entirely.
    ^ This. I consider him about as unbiased and reliable an information source as Dr. Oz.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    quack.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This explains everything. I microwave all my sun rich food and have been feeling less healthy recently. A quick biophoton check (you can do it online) shows I am only 35% charged!

Now looking for something to buy to make it better! I'll let you know how I get on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Lol, there are microwaves OUTSIDE of a microwave oven. Microwaves are humming on us right now. All "biophotons" should be (*#&ed up if this claim from Mercola were true.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This explains everything. I microwave all my sun rich food and have been feeling less healthy recently. A quick biophoton check (you can do it online) shows I am only 35% charged!

Now looking for something to buy to make it better! I'll let you know how I get on.

hahahaha 35% charged, via online calculator. I love it

I will never give up the microwave.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Mercola is a loon
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/01/24/i-prefer-my-food-dead-thank-you-very-muc/

I'm with Orac ^^ I'll take my food dead thanks. And also lifeless.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    No, this is absolute garbage. The wavelength of light that is needed to damage DNA lies in the higher energy regions of the electromagnetic spectrum, the higher end of the Ultra-violet (10 x 10^-9 m to 400 x 10^-9 m), the X-Ray (0.01 x 10^-9 to 10 x 10^-9 m), or the Gamma (< 0.02 x 10^-9 m).

Microwave light lies in the low energy region of the electromagnetic spectrum, or 1 mm to 1 m.

Furthermore, the photon energy required to break one of the chemical bonds of DNA, if we use the canonical equations relating the wavelength of light to the energy of a photon:

E = hν

where E is the energy (J, Joules which is a unit of energy), h is Plank's Constant (6.626 × 10-34 J s), and ν is the frequency (s^-1) of the wavelength of light. The frequency is also expressed in terms of the wavelength

ν= c/λ

where c is the speed of light (2.9979 x 10^8 m/s) and λ is the wavelength of light (in meters, m).

So, the energy for a photon is

E = hc/λ

Plugging in the values for the speed of light, Plank's constant, and the higher end of the Microwave region, or 1 mm (1 x 10^-3 m), the energy of a photon is

E = [(6.626 x 10^-34 Js)(2.9979 x 10^8 m/s)]/ (1 x 10^-3 m) = 1.986 x 10^-22 J

Similarly, the energy of a photon in the lower and upper regions of the Electromagnetic spectrum are

E = [(6.626 x 10^-34 Js)(2.9979 x 10^8 m/s)]/ (400 x 10^-9 m) = 4.966 x 10^-19 J

E = [(6.626 x 10^-34 Js)(2.9979 x 10^8 m/s)]/ (10 x 10^-9 m) = 1.986 x 10^-17 J.

The bond dissociation energy, or the energy required to break the covalent bonds (the class of bond that exists between all of the atoms in DNA). The most common bonds are carbon-hydrogen (C-H), carbon-carbon (C-C), and carbon-nitrogen (C-N) with bond energies 413, 348, and 308 kJ/mol, respectively ( a mol means 6.022 x 10^23 constituent particles or atoms per mol; a mol is a unit).

So, the energy in the weakest bond (in this case the carbon-nitrogen bond is

E = (308 x 10^3 J/mol)/(6.022 x 10^23 mol^-1) = 5.115 x 10^-19 J

THEREFORE, you need to be in the Ultra-violet region of the electromagnetic spectrum.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    No, this is absolute garbage. The wavelength of light that is needed to damage DNA lies in the higher energy regions of the electromagnetic spectrum, the higher end of the Ultra-violet (10 x 10^-9 m to 400 x 10^-9 m), the X-Ray (0.01 x 10^-9 to 10 x 10^-9 m), or the Gamma (< 0.02 x 10^-9 m).

Microwave light lies in the low energy region of the electromagnetic spectrum, or 1 mm to 1 m.

Furthermore, the photon energy required to break one of the chemical bonds of DNA, if we use the canonical equations relating the wavelength of light to the energy of a photon:

E = hν

where E is the energy (J, Joules which is a unit of energy), h is Plank's Constant (6.626 × 10-34 J s), and ν is the frequency (s^-1) of the wavelength of light. The frequency is also expressed in terms of the wavelength

ν= c/λ

where c is the speed of light (2.9979 x 10^8 m/s) and λ is the wavelength of light (in meters, m).

E = hc/λ

Plugging in the values for the speed of light, Plank's constant, and the higher end of the Microwave region, or 1 mm (1 x 10^-3 m), the energy of a photon is

Similarly, the energy of a photon in the lower and upper regions of the Electromagnetic spectrum are

E = [(6.626 x 10^-34 Js)(2.9979 x 10^8 m/s)]/ (400 x 10^-9 m) = 4.966 x 10^-19 J

E = [(6.626 x 10^-34 Js)(2.9979 x 10^8 m/s)]/ (10 x 10^-9 m) = 1.986 x 10^-17 J.

The bond dissociation energy, or the energy required to break the covalent bonds (the class of bond that exists between all of the atoms in DNA). The most common bonds are carbon-hydrogen (C-H), carbon-carbon (C-C), and carbon-nitrogen (C-N) with bond energies 413, 348, and 308 kJ/mol, respectively ( a mol means 6.022 x 10^23 constituent particles or atoms per mol; a mol is a unit).

THEREFORE, you need to be in the Ultra-violet region of the electromagnetic spectrum.

nye-tyson-science.jpg
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    What's a microwave? I thought they were called Death Boxes now.

This.

MFP's new "fad"
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options

E = hν

ν= c/λ

E = hc/λ

nye-tyson-science.jpg

Indeed. Check out my profile.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

E = hν

ν= c/λ

E = hc/λ

Never should have let women go to school. Now they think they're all smart and stuff. :laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Pardon me for saying this, but NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!