how do you guys keep from being discouraged?

Options
2»

Replies

• fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    who says we don't get discouraged?
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I made a tumblr account for my weight loss, I am following a lot of fitblrs and thinspos, All healthy ones... when I feel discouraged I can easily find motivating quotes on my iPod touch Tumblr app - or online.

Reading success stories on here, making goals, looking at pics of me at my heaviest weight, getting support from members on here, and thinking of the clothes I could fit into, thinking about how its a lifestyle change for the better.

Believe in yourself, you can do it .
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I look at old fat pictures and think.... Do I really want to go back to that?
  • Jenn999
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!! Good job!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I still get discouraged some days but I push those negative thoughts out of my head and keep on keeping on! After months of no weight loss I realized that this is a lifestyle change. I stopped worrying about the scale (for the most part) and started to remind myself that this is me for the rest of my life. Weight loss is just a benefit and it will come off in due time. I stay focused on my fitness goals rather than the scale or even the inches. Every day I wake up at 4:30am no matter how tired, no matter how much I don't want to, no matter how cold it is outside. Some fitness goals I have acheived in the last eight months include running my first 5k, 5k obstacle course, holding a plank for 5+ minutes, beaing able to bear crawl from one end of the gym to the other and back without stopping, completing 10 perfect push-ups. Each time I meet a goal I set another. Right now I am training for my first half marathon at the end of February. Never in a million years (or even two months ago) would I have even considered signing up for one. It's harder to be discouraged when you are constantly meeting goals that you have set for yourself. I encourage you to make goals that are not scale related. For me, I find that too much focus on the scale breeds discouragement. It never does what you want it to do!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    on second thought just go look at the "18 months ago I was paralyzed" link.

Wow, I hadn't seen that one. Amazing!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817744-18-months-ago-today-i-was-paralyzed-pics