Trying to get motivated

Options
I have found myself frustrated with my weight. I am wanting to lose about 65 pounds. I have bought a Wii and a Jillian Michaels workout. I have also built me a 12 inch step to work out with and I have 5 pound ankle weights. I hope with all that, eating healthier and the help of this forum, I can reach my goal very quickly. In 20 weeks....July 9th I would like to be down at least 40 pounds (2 pounds a week) and by Thanksgiving I want to have reached my goal weight. I would love to reach my goal sooner, but I would rather meet a goal then fail, so I will set it reachable. If anyone has some food ideas, please let me know. I am having a hard time meeting my cal. goal. I am either way under or way over.:happy:

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    Feel free to join me on facebook. I've been doing this two and a half years and never fallen off the wagon because of the interaction I involve myself in via facebook with other fitness fanatics http://facebook.com/metalpalace
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time! Longing for the day when all the weight is gone may motivate you some, but it will frustrate you more. Set bi-weekly goals and focus on those.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    With those things you listed as currently having add in there: consistency, will power and motivation and that will drive you to the finish line. If you make it there sooner, all the better! It's great to see you've prepared yourself so well! Have a great weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • PriscillaGart
    Options
    Your plan sounds great. I think the exercises are gonna be too much too soon. Don't get too sore!:smile:
  • PriscillaGart
    Options
    I am trying to stay motivated. I get bored, then I lose interest.
    Today is my 1st day.
    I think that this looks like a good site to be on. Hopefully, this site (the people) will help me out.
    I am gonna break my goals up: 1st goal: 219. Today I weighed in @224.50:smile:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Here is an excellent blog on goal setting for success. I wrote it :) I've gotten lots of wonderful feedback from it. When I set goals this is generally how I do it and I always succeed (after a series of setbacks but that's part of succeeding anyway) Print it out and take it seriously you WILL succeed http://tombirkenmeyer.blogspot.com/2009/12/goal-setting-and-success-for-rest-of.html