Finding the way...

Options
Hello All!

Been using MFP for about a year now. I started weighing in @ 296 pounds in March 2011, I'm 5"5. Currently I am down to 211. I've come to realize that it has become much, much harder to lose the pounds now that I am getting closer to my ultimate goal weight of 175. I exercise 6 days and rest for 1. I attempt to eat a 1200-1300 calorie a day diet, but I will admit I do have a sweet tooth so at times I do indulge. My dilemma is this, I find that even though I am trying to keep doing different exercises daily to avoid muscle memory, I am feeling very monotonous with it. I get up at 4:45 am on a daily basis just to make sure I get in the exercise because @ the end of my work day I am so beat. It has been such a hard journey for me and I like to say it's been blood, sweat, and tears practically because of all the mental and physical strength involved in becoming healthier. Ultimately I am my own harshest critic and judge and if I even gain 1 pound, I come down hard on myself. I welcome new fitness pals and I am interested in hearing much needed advice, thank you.

P.S. I commend you all for taking the steps to become healthier! ;o)

Roxy

Replies

• TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    Hey Roxy

You need to go easier on yourself, you've done a fantastic job! I'm not one for advice because I still have a lot to learn but I'll offer plenty of encouragement, especially to those who are as obviously dedicated as yourself! Keep up the great work, you're a lot closer tan you were back in March last year, always remember that.
  • chillingmama
    Options
    good job keep up the good work, me I have long journey to go I and I hope I get the added support here.
  • becomewhatyoubelieve
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know that looking back I am so much more far ahead than last year. In the overall scheme of things, I know I worked hard at it and I did see results. Everyday is a struggle to make sure I eat right and I get movin'. Hopefully we can all help each other out on here...positivity breeds positivity!!!
  • chillingmama
    Options
    You can say that again!

I will be here if you need me, I was 272 last December, went on a high protein diet, went down to 238, started eating again went up to 256, and here I am now at 250, I prey everyday to have the strength to not give up this time, I know I can do and so can you, it's a up hill battle, but when we get to the top we can look down and be so proud of ourselves!
  • becomewhatyoubelieve
    Options
    AMEN to that!!!! Good for you!!!! See, if we set our hearts and minds to it we CAN and WILL do it. Ditto! I will be here if anyone needs any positivity and just a nudge to keep going. Lord I know how hard it can be.