Can anyone explain how to use a FitbitOne?

I just got a FitbitOne and am loving how it's tracking my steps, etc., but it seems to be giving me a real high number for number of calories burned. For example...I walked for about 40 minutes, did 1.50 miles walking the dog and it said I burned 630 calories!! That can't be right. Before Fitbit MFP would maybe give me 200 calories burned or something in that range. I don't know what I'm doing wrong....somebody please help. I hate to think I wasted $100!:sad:

Replies

• Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Check to make sure that you put in the correct age and weight when you set up your fitbit and remember that the numbers for your fitbit will be a little higher than MFP because MFP assumes that you are walking on flat ground, but 630 does seem kind of high.
  • drlaurafsu
    drlaurafsu Posts: 45 Member
    Is that the difference from when you started to when you stopped? Or the total number? Fitbit calorie counts also include that calories you burn under normal everyday activities...so from midnight last night to when you checked it. This estimate is based on your lifestyle that you programmed in (ie mine is sedentary).
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Have you looked at the help sections on here and the Fitbit site which gives you guidance on it all.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Is that the difference from when you started to when you stopped? Or the total number? Fitbit calorie counts also include that calories you burn under normal everyday activities...so from midnight last night to when you checked it. This estimate is based on your lifestyle that you programmed in (ie mine is sedentary).

This. Unless you had it on the timer mode for activities, it told you your total estimated calories burned so far today. So that includes the energy your body burned just being alive while you slept.
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member

This. Unless you had it on the timer mode for activities, it told you your total estimated calories burned so far today. So that includes the energy your body burned just being alive while you slept.

^^^THIS
  • I Just got mine today and I don,t get how to work it I thought for hundred dollars it would do more for me I do not get how to work with it fitbit one and yes I went on the wwwfitbit.com??????
  • jaz050465
    I Just got mine today and I don,t get how to work it I thought for hundred dollars it would do more for me I do not get how to work with it fitbit one and yes I went on the wwwfitbit.com??????
    At the top if THIS page , on MFP is a help section. Here you can read about linking fitbit to MFP and what the numbers mean. Have you looked at that, not the Fitbit website
  • jaz050465
    I Just got mine today and I don,t get how to work it I thought for hundred dollars it would do more for me I do not get how to work with it fitbit one and yes I went on the wwwfitbit.com??????
    What were you expecting it to do which it doesn't. Most people love it.