What made you decided you want to lose weight?

Options
What motivated me to lose weight is anger. My ex boyfriend told me I was useless and worthless and a fat ****. I'm only 170lbs I know that is fat, I see it he does not have to tell me. I have a mirror. He tells me because I'm fat I would never do anything with my life just sit on the couch and get heavier and fatter. Well I ran my first mile the other day. Plus I just got accepted to college for nursing so how bad can I really be, plus I work as an CNA and home health aid. So every time I think about my ex I get angry an so I exercise I have only lost three pounds but hey its a start. So every time I think about him I get up getting angry and I put all of that energy into a workout. That is what motivates me to do this. What all made you decided to lose weight was it an ex husband/ ex wife or boyfriend/girlfriend? Was it your friend telling you you need to lose weight?

Replies

• Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    People who would tell me that I needed to lose weight, or that I'd never find someone to love me if I didn't lose weight NEVER motivated me. It made me sad and depressed, so I ate MORE.

What did it for me, was summer 2007, I was at an amusement park, waited 2 hours to get on a roller coaster, and found out I did not fit in the seat. I had to leave the ride. That sucked, and was an eye opener. 2nd thing that happened, was I was getting fitted for my sisters wedding, this was maybe in Sept 2007, and I was informed I had to order a size 28 dress ( the largest it came ) and might have to add material to it. Ugh. That was that. I lost about 55 pounds for the wedding year later.

Then an additional 40 pounds. Then I stalled, some issues came up with emotional eating, anxiety, and not knowing how to handle that new attention, and I gained about 35 back. I'm working again to get back down.
  • amybooj
    amybooj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My big motivation is my daughter. Since I left home to go to uni I've gradually gained weight due to convenience food and takeaway and not exercising. Whilst I was pregnant fruit and veg made me really sick so I had a heavy carb diet throughout and then developed PND afterwards - I turned to food as comfort and the weight stayed. I get married next November and my daughter will have just turned two. I want to be a good role model to her, I don't want her to grow up seeing my bad habits and thinking its normal, and I want to have the energy to run and play with her rather than just watch her
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me and me alone.

I got sick of looking at myself in the mirror and seeing the podge, or looking down in the shower and seeing it.

Enough was enough.