Biggest Loser club online

mom020305
mom020305 Posts: 33
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone belong to this too and what are your thoughts about it? I joined so I could get the free books, it was a better deal than buying them at a store.

I inputed all my info 5 ft 8 in and 175 lbs, it gave me a 1200 cal diet. I workout 6 days a week for 45 mintues including strength training. I thought the cals were too low, but who am I right? Well they have nutrionists and fitness gurus answer questions on the board, so I asked if I was eating enough calories becuase I actually gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks(maybe muscle?)

The nutrionist wrote back stating that based on my info I should be eating between 1600-1800 cals a day. Which seems more accurate since that is what myfitnesspal tells me after I enter my exercise. You enter your workout on BLC the same way as you do here however it does not give you extra calories like this site does!

Just wanted to get others thoughts on this! Anyone think my calorie range is more accurate at the 1600-1800 mark?

Replies

• I joined it for the same reason. It put me at about 1100 calories. I don't think they add back exercise calories like MFP does. Some days my calories flucuated though. I didn't really pay attention to it, I just wanted the meal plans.

I only used it for the meal plans and I logged everything on here. I read all of the books and I don't recall anything about eating exercise calories. I actually got tired of it. The meals were so boring, there wasn't any variety. Less than a month after I started it my doctor told me not to follow it and he put me on his own plan. It just wasn't right for me.

I didn't really get anything out of it. I don't even like the show anymore to be honest. I guess because it was all about the lifestyle change and that wasn't what I needed. None of the tips applied to me. Some of the recipes are pretty good, but I feel like it was a waste of money because I'm vegetarian and there are very limited veggie recipes in the books.

Holly
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    I refuse to pay for membership. Someone gave me some of their cookbooks for xmas and while i did find a few recipes, most of them were too high in sodium for me. I would have to revamp them somewhat to have them fit my personal goals.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Your calorie goal of 1200 is what you should eat daily. Any exercise you do will add to that. 1600 to 1800 is what it will probably add up to after you exercise and add it in. This site is rather accurate.

My calorie limit is set to 1200 right now as well. Each day I earn an extra 600 to 1800 calories depending on intensity and length of work outs.
  • Thanks for all the input! I don't use the meal plans at all on there but it does give me some ideas and I like the recipes too. I hope the books are worth it!
This discussion has been closed.