Any Tough Mudders out there? Let's be friends!

Options
I'm training for the Virginia Beach Tough Mudder in June! I'm looking for MFP friends who've either already done a Tough Mudder and can give advice, or other people who are training for one so we can motivate me. If you're a Tough Mudder or a Tough Mudder In Training... Add me! :)

Replies

• OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Some day I will be a Tourgh Mudder....some day.... :smile:
  • wam_bam
    wam_bam Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Did one last July! Mudder for life!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Did one last July! Mudder for life!

Congrats! Tell me about it. Any advice?
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    I'm planning on doing one in June in CA! eek! :-)
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I want to do one so bad. They don't come near me (closest one is 7 hours away), but I might just shoot for it since it isn't until next October.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Did the Down & Dirty Mud Run in Philly in July. Eyeing up the Mudder for this year!
  • erichauser
    Options
    I've done two TM's so far. Virginia in 2011 and Mid-Atlantic in 2012. Spend time doing pull ups! Running is a given, but don't stress overall mileage. The distance gets broken up by obstacles. The walls and hay bails and crawling and all of that will wear on you if you haven't spent enough time training upper body. Do a pull ups and push ups routine while training and you'll be more than ready to tackle any obstacle. Some sprint work wouldn't hurt either, you'll need some explosion to make it to the top of Everest!