Meggings: Leggings for Men????

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've already disqualified myself from wearing spandex. I've never tried a pair of these, but that isn't necessary to add these to the list of clothing I should never ever wear.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    based on title alone - NO

in my opinion, MAN = BIG STRONG LEGS
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    thanks! just ordered 3 pairs

pictures when they come in or it didn't happen :wink:
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    ... I think men are trying to become females...

On my way to work I heard some people talking about a product called Alpha. They use MMA fighters to promote this product... know what it is...

http://www.alphanail.com/

Nail polish.

wtf?

I'm all into the support LGBT and all that. But if you're a hetrosexual man, why would you try to be girly? I understand if you're trans, or even if you're inter, but still... if you're a man, want to be a man, and love woman... DONT BE A GIRL!

:laugh: I totally thought of the male-polish when I saw this topic! Hahaha! Yeah, no nail polish. Maybe black if you're goth, or a rockstar, but otherwise, no.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Okay okay, I lived through the metrosexual thing and manscaping, murses/man bags, MAN-icures, having more hair product than your average teenage girl, etc. but I absolutely draw the line at meggings!!! Wait, did I say too much . . .
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If youre a man wearing "Meggings", take out your wallet, pull out your man card and pass it forward...
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    ... I think men are trying to become females...

On my way to work I heard some people talking about a product called Alpha. They use MMA fighters to promote this product... know what it is...

http://www.alphanail.com/

Nail polish.

wtf?

I'm all into the support LGBT and all that. But if you're a hetrosexual man, why would you try to be girly? I understand if you're trans, or even if you're inter, but still... if you're a man, want to be a man, and love woman... DONT BE A GIRL!

Wasn't it Freud who said that women have p***s envy?? I think it's been known for years that men have "boob" envy ... They all wanna be awesome like women! :wink: :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    If I ever even considered wearing those, I'd have to kick my own *kitten*!

Would love to see that! In a pair of meggings, please.
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    Okay I know we like to "re-do" fashions of the past...ie: bell bottoms, leg warmers, jelly shoes, however..to go all the way back to the 1600s to get "hose or meggings'???...what are the fashion designers doing? whats next Breeches? Stiff lace collars? Wigs..white powder?

A note, as a woman I do not have a pair of leggings for myself, had to wear enough stir-up pants in the late 80s- early 90s to not be seen in a pair...
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Oh dear. 100 times worse than skinny jeans on a guy.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Okay okay, I lived through the metrosexual thing and manscaping, murses/man bags, MAN-icures, having more hair product than your average teenage girl, etc. but I absolutely draw the line at meggings!!! Wait, did I say too much . . .

Come on, Sun...'fess up. You know you rock the meggings!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Come on, Sun...'fess up. You know you rock the meggings!

Thanks so much Cindy! No I wizened up. I'm quick like that - didn't fall for the man-capris either . . . barely. Its like a mine field out there! Note to self - do not shop while intoxicated, esp. if the sales girl is cute and paid on commission.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In sport riding circles (motorcycles) pretty much everyone wears them beneath thier leathers. Not only do they help with wicking moisture away, but they proveid a slick layer of material between the shtty interior material of the leathers and your legs, particularly the knees, that keep the material from binding and make it easier to move.

What the hell is with the bastardization of bad 80's fashion in the last couple of years? Meggings are VERY a short side step from skinny jeans, which are both too close for comfort to 80's spandex, and Uggs are moon boots for you kiddies who are too young to remember those.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb0W5t4kAHVhTR1BH1DGWw3oZ1PWzFr87dVubX_RwZ7d5AobeJ-UEeUribNA
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In sport riding circles (motorcycles) pretty much everyone wears them beneath thier leathers. Not only do they help with wicking moisture away, but they proveid a slick layer of material between the shtty interior material of the leathers and your legs, particularly the knees, that keep the material from binding and make it easier to move.

What the hell is with the bastardization of bad 80's fashion in the last couple of years? Meggings are VERY a short side step from skinny jeans, which are both too close for comfort to 80's spandex, and Uggs are moon boots for you kiddies who are too young to remember those.

In my opinion, this use is totally acceptable. I also think guys who run outside when it's <10 degrees F may get a pass too.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Running pants. Bikes - fine.

Any where else on earth- NO.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would wear them but my junk is too big and it would just be really awkward.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I would wear them but my junk is too big and it would just be really awkward.

Pics please!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

In my opinion, this use is totally acceptable. I also think guys who run outside when it's <10 degrees F may get a pass too.

AGREED!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm thinking the same guys might order a "manzier"!

It's called the Bro!!!

;)