mexican chopped veg salad

Options
smae1980
smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
MEXICAN CHOPPED VEG SALAD This is so delicious and good for you. It's also very versitile. Add black beans or grilled chicken to make a main dish summer salad, serve along side grilled meat or like I did cheese enchiladas, stuff into pita with a little cheese... Endless possibilities. This salad has a little kick (very little, seriously like someone nudged you with their foot...) but if you don't like spicy at all, use all plain chili powder instead of half plain and half chipotle chili powder. On the other hand if you like more spice use all chipotle chili powder and no plain...Also remember with all the fat coming from olives, olive oil and avacado, it's heart healthy fat!
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 -15 oz can large black olives, sliced
- 2 large celey stalks, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup chopped cilantro ( amount here is loose and optional, I feel cilantro is an acquired taste, so...add to personal taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium haas avacados, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablesoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
Toss veggies together, stir spices, lime juice and olive oil together seperately in small bowl, pour over salad and toss together.

calories-176
fat-11.6 grams
sat. fat-1.6 grams
polyunsat. fat-1.4 grams
monounsat. fat-7.6 grams
cholesterol-0 grams
sodium-241 mg
potassium-603mg
carbohydrates-19 grams
fiber-6.6 grams
sugars- 2 grams
protein-3.3 grams

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! Now I have dinner for tomorrrow!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to put serving size, it's 1 1/2 cups
  • pianojoce
    pianojoce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh my soul....that sounds AMAZING!!!! Getting groceries tomorrow...thanks!!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    this sounds really good. Thanks for the post :bigsmile:
  • kellycrow
    Options
    thanks! i printed the recipe last night then came back to find the serving size - thanks for adding that! going to buy what i don't have after preschool today! thanks so much!!!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've made this before. It tastes delicious, but it makes a lot. You might get sick of it if you are the only one eating it. I shared it with my co-workers. I also put it in a whole wheat tortilla and it was scrumptious and very filling!