What do you do to feel good about yourself??

Options

Replies

• louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    EXISTING!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Work out. Especially weights, running or a yoga class at my yoga studio.

If I need comfort, I get a massage.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've never been a girly girl, but I found that taking care of myself in small ways - painting my nails, doing my hair, putting on makeup - have helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin. Part of this change I'm making is learning how to love myself. These little ways of showing myself I'm valued definitely help boost my confidence.

Oh, and it's super fun to paint my nails and do my hair with my boyfriend's daughter. :smile:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I'm the opposite of most of the women here. Dressing up and putting on make-up or doing my hair makes me feel stressed and actually make-up makes me feel worse about myself because I can remember a time when I didn't need to use moisturizer and primer before my foundation.... or concealer under my eyes.

For me it's definitely got to be going to the spa for a massage, manicure, pedicure, or to have someone else do something with my unruly hair. I feel like a new person afterwards and it definitely helps my self-confidense, especially after a massage - spending 60 minutes mostly naked in front of a stranger while they lavish you with attention is always a good ego boost.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Dancing around the house like a dork :laugh:
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    Taking the time to primp before I go somewhere - makeup, hair, nails, etc. I find that when I really take the time on my physical appearance, I feel pretty awesome. Also, music. When a kick *kitten* song comes on my iPod, I dance around my room and that leaves me feeling fabulous.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say because I never felt good or confident about myself to begin with.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Look at my fat pictures/remember what my fat days were like, then get naked and flex in the mirror
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I bully the other kids on the playground
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I take yoga.

I go for a hike.

I push my limits.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i work out and i buy stuff.....preferably shoes, purses, clothes, things for my boys, kitchen stuff, decorating stuff, yup...in no particular order...no wait i take that back....Shoes is my addiction... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I take a shower. I know it seems simple, but It makes me feel cleansed in a way. Once my body is clean. I start to feel better right away.

me too but my showers involve a little more than just getting clean
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Walking, clothes that I bought a year ago fit me now, seeing people's expression when I've lost most of my weight.:drinker:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Yoga and being in the moment.
    Home girly day(facial mask and hair mask with a cup or tea and a good book)
    Hitting the gym ALWAYS makes me feel better
    Or worse comes to worse, baking/cooking. I love finding healthy new recipes!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Dressing up, a mani and buying a new outfit. Oh and I felt amazing about myself after my appointment with my trainer yesterday when he called me a mini-hulk for being able to do 100 pounds on the leg press/squatting machine. So yeah, there are plenty of ways. :P
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I actually like going shopping....i like trying on things and stepping out of the change room to check out the full length....mostly because the few times I've done that, I've had serious double takes.....thanks to going in wearing baggy clothing and coming out in something fitted....

THAT was awesome..,

i also love my pole class and look forward to the aerial hoop spinning class that's coming up at my studio...

AND lifting...i love that I'm starting that in January.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    dressing up nice. and orgasms.
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Online retail therapy. ;)
    Sex.
    Accomplishing something at work.
    Friends.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I bully the other kids on the playground

I follow her around and watch. I sometimes make witty remarks, and snicker to myself
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I spend time with my kids and I teach them how to be good people......When I do that I feel good about myself.