See a good movie over the weekend?

Options
Mina133842
Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
My husband and I went to the WolfMan, not sure it would be classified as a Hit, but he certainly enjoyed it, and I got a few jumps out of it too, even if it did have some cheesy special fx, and some cheesy "makeup" to it. Just wondering if anyone has seen a good movie lately, and what you'd recommend. (even if it's a redbox)

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i really wanted to see Dear John and ended up seeing Valentine's Day instead. of course it wouldn't be considered an award winning movie, but i was entertained. it was 'cute'. :happy:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I don't get out to the movies much, the last movie I saw that I did enjoy out was "The Fourth Sense" or something of that nature. Pretty good movie! I'm a documentary fan! "Wolf Man".. hmmmm I will check it out!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    We watched The Hangover and The Ugly Truth. The Ugly Truth was really good. It was certainly a better rom-com than The Hangover was a straight comedy. The Hangover was funny but not omg-roflmfao funny.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    agree the ugly truth was funny I saw it in the theater this past summer. Watching the hangover tonight
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I bought the Hangover, and laughed at it, but thought it could've been WAY funnier, but it was very entertaining. We love the cheap comedy stuff in our house... I think tomorrow at the Mommy Movie Matinee, we're going to see When in Rome.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I want to see "Shutter Island" this weekend (comes out Friday). I'm a sucker for anything Scorsese/Leo! I also wanted to see Wolfman...it looked good.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    My husband and I really wanna see Wolfman, I also wanna see Robin Hood and we're gonna go see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland the day after it comes out!!!! It looks so good, i love Tim Burton and even more I love Johnny Depp!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    ...we're gonna go see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland the day after it comes out!!!!... I love Johnny Depp!

You and my wife need to talk. lol
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Took son and watched The Book of Eli. It was OK. Not great but OK. Went and ate a balanced meal at Ruby Tuesday's and then back to watch Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief. Again OK, not great but the younger kids will like it. Still looking for something to rival the best movies of the year. Avatar, and Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock has sequel coming. YES.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Avatar was a movie i fought not to go see...my son finally talked me into it...i would have to say one of the very best movies i have ever seen...

love back to the future 1,2, and 3
    love bad boys 1 and 2

but Avatar in 3d...dang the best
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I didn't like t he ending but otherwise I LOVED dear john.... I needed a good cry LOL.
    there is underlaying story other then what they show in t he previews so that was a nice surprise that it was not just the OBVIOUS of what you expect from the commercials :smile:

CANNOT wait for Alice in wonderland!!!!!!
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My wife and I watched "Edge of Darkness" with Mel Gibson. It was a fantastic move, although very, very intense. I, too, am having problems finding new movies to rival "Avatar 3D" and "Sherlock Holmes".
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    It's not brand new, but i watched The Orphan recently, and thought that it was awesome! I love scary horror movies though...
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's not brand new, but i watched The Orphan recently, and thought that it was awesome! I love scary horror movies though...

that one musta been a book or something cuz i guessed the "twist" way before it happened, now i am one of THOSE people who predicts everything in a movie before it happens... but i knew matter of factly somehow...so either i've read it or the movie was a remake? lol i thought it was good though i love scary...but like psychological scary not just blood and guts lame scarey
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I dont go to many movies but for some reason I've been to several lately:
    Sherlock Holmes: LOVED it, will be buying it when it comes out
    Legion: could have been SOOO very much better, there were plot holes you could drive a mack truck through and the script sucked
    The Blind Side: really good, made me cry several times :) awesome truelife story

and rentables:
    Blazing Saddles-just found this at Buybacks (used movie store) and had to get it, one of my alltime favorites
    Star Trek- the newer movie that came out last year I think it was? very good, my mom was a trekkie so it was very interesting to see the background story and see all of the charactors before they got where they were on the show
    Extract: very funny dark comedy. I liked it a lot :)
    Hangover: loved it, there wasnt much I would change about it, I laughed all the way through ("he's so mean!")
  • VRamos81
    Options
    My hunny and I saw "King of New York" and oldie but definatly a goody! !
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Finally saw the Hangover. Very disappointed. I'm running out of things to put in my Netflix queue.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

that one musta been a book or something cuz i guessed the "twist" way before it happened, now i am one of THOSE people who predicts everything in a movie before it happens... but i knew matter of factly somehow...so either i've read it or the movie was a remake? lol i thought it was good though i love scary...but like psychological scary not just blood and guts lame scarey

I'm usually a good guesser of twists, but that was one I didn't see coming. I like psycholoogical scary better than blood and guts scary (though I'll watch that too)...
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Took son and watched The Book of Eli. It was OK. Not great but OK. Went and ate a balanced meal at Ruby Tuesday's and then back to watch Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief. Again OK, not great but the younger kids will like it. Still looking for something to rival the best movies of the year. Avatar, and Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock has sequel coming. YES.

DH and I actually really enjoyed Book of Eli. We had gone to the theater to see Daybreakers, but the projector was broken, and Book started at the same time, so we decided to see that. I had in my head that it was the one with the angels coming to destroy the world (Legion), so whooops, lol.

All the same, we really enjoyed it. The twist at the end, finding out he was.... Oh, I'm not gonna say, and ruin it for people... just twisted my panties. I never would have expected it!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    i saw Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day. It was cute. I enjoyed it and I would watch it again.

Can't wait for Shutter Island and Alice in Wonderland.