Is a snickers cheating?

Options
Another question to those who have a clue..

I'm on a 1200 cal diet

which allows 96g's Carbs

37g's fat

and 96g's protein..

If i eat a snickers and still exercise and keep to my cal intake will my body deny the weight loss or does it not matter where the calories come from??

I hardly ever exceed it and i work out for an hour everyday, usually running 7kms or weights per session.

I only ask about snickers cos there free at work.. and i have no control when its put in front of me!

I am a chocoholic and i feel like i need it everyday!!

I realize i shouldn't be eating it, but what can you do..just want to know if it will stunt my shrink..

Replies

• ashlaurenn
    Options
    Another question to those who have a clue..

I'm on a 1200 cal diet

which allows 96g's Carbs

37g's fat

and 96g's protein..

If i eat a snickers and still exercise and keep to my cal intake will my body deny the weight loss or does it not matter where the calories come from??

I hardly ever exceed it and i work out for an hour everyday, usually running 7kms or weights per session.

I only ask about snickers cos there free at work.. and i have no control when its put in front of me!

I am a chocoholic and i feel like i need it everyday!!

I realize i shouldn't be eating it, but what can you do..just want to know if it will stunt my shrink..
  • Brightquilter
    Options
    Snickers isn't the best or the worst. Register it and eat really good healthy items the rest of the day.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure it would help if you had a snickers everyday, but I don't think it will hurt you to much if on occassion you have one. Especially if you are exercising and keeping within your calories. Just remember that the quality of foods you eat does affect your energy. You might be able to find new treat that is not as full of sugars and fats and carbs too. There are lots of options out there but often times a little more effort is needed finding them. Good luck.
  • jojom
    jojom Posts: 20
    Options
    What are you up to!!!!

I say don't take too much notice of what percentage of your diet is protein etc. It is hard enough eating within 1200 calories so who cares where it comes from. If you are burning more than 1200 calories per day to live then you will burn it off and lose weight no matter what food it has come from.

How many snickers bars can you eat for 1200 calories?? Have a snickers day!!!!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you've got the calories to use on a Snicker's... go for it!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    FYI, Detour protein bars (the triple layer flavor) taste like a snickers and they have whey protein in them. They are not free but I eat one everyday when I leave the gym. It is a BIG treat for me!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    if snickers is cheating, I may be in trouble. :tongue:
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    What are you up to!!!!

I say don't take too much notice of what percentage of your diet is protein etc. It is hard enough eating within 1200 calories so who cares where it comes from. If you are burning more than 1200 calories per day to live then you will burn it off and lose weight no matter what food it has come from.

How many snickers bars can you eat for 1200 calories?? Have a snickers day!!!!

Hehe not you again.. kidding

I cant stop eating chocolate.. and it because i know that its there. It calls to me. But other than a snickers or choc cake per day i eat really good..

Today all i had for lunch was a cup of veggies.. so i could have.. yes you guessed in a snickers..

dam chocolate..
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a big chocolate fan myself...eat 1/2 hershey's dark chocolate bar a day (sometimes the whole thing)
    I have been walking on the treadmill daily and hitting my goal cal wise and I've still been losing...
    I say it's fine..how many cals in a snickers anyway?

Where can u find detour bars..I've checked a few places and nothing..
    Kim
  • jojom
    Options
    I love Thorntons Chocolate (not sure if you get it outside the UK) - they do a crumbled type for a chocolate fountain. Haven't got the patience to sort out a fountain, just whack it in the microwave and once melted and yummy, dip some marshmallows in it. YUM YUM! I think if you are going to have chocolate, make it your favourite - don't waste time on choccy that you think is just OK.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I used to think that a Snickers and a Mountain Dew was "the breakfast of champions". :laugh:
    Now I limit myself to one Snickers a week...and most of the time it's so sweet that I can't eat it all.
    I quit eating junk cold-turkey and I just lost my taste for it, I guess.
  • jojom
    Options
    I used to think that a Snickers and a Mountain Dew was "the breakfast of champions". :laugh:

What a star!! I always wanted to eat Choccy for breakfast but always told myself that would be crossing the line, so never had the guts. Fair Play!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wel last night I had 450 calories left over and spent them on girl scout thin mints, so hopefully, if we have the calories left over we can use them for what we want?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a big chocolate fan myself...eat 1/2 hershey's dark chocolate bar a day (sometimes the whole thing)
    I have been walking on the treadmill daily and hitting my goal cal wise and I've still been losing...
    I say it's fine..how many cals in a snickers anyway?

Where can u find detour bars..I've checked a few places and nothing..
    Kim

Walmart over by the vitamins and also over in the grocery section where they keep the "diet" food. I also bought a big box at Sam's club and someone here said they also sell them at GNC, but I have not purchased any from there as of yet.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories... go for it but don't take away from your meals just to have one.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: