Foods you still enjoy in moderation

Options
Sort of the flip side of foods you eliminated. So, what are high calorie foods you enjoy in moderation?

Cheeseburgers (single, no mayo, lots of lettuce and tomato)
Fast food buritto places (no giant tortilla, no sour cream, lots of salsa, grilled chicken)
pizza (cheese or vegetable toppings, no meat)
Beer (one or two a week)
Peanut butter (a tablespoon on whole grain bread or an English muffin, or blended in a smoothie).

Replies

• tiffanyneedstolose
    Options
    Great once in a while I will have some Oreos and once in a while pizza hard to give those up
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers, pizza, beer, dark chocolate, cheese.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Desserts and candy on the holidays or special occasions and an Italian hoagie on fresh made bread every couple of months or so. But my day to day low carb diet is considered to be extremely restrictive by the majority it seems even though to me it's just a whole lot of delicious food.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Buritto place here at work makes a small one vs the 1,000 cal ones you can buy at other places.
    Pizza, just eat 1 slice with a salad.
    Nothing wrong with a PBJ every once in awhile.
    Gyro
    Thai curry dish
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    All of them. Beer/wine/booze too.

I try and avoid the pitfalls of candy, but I caved and bought a small chocolate cake the other day and don't feel the least bit guilt about it. I try and and stick mostly to foods that have nutritional value, but sometimes you have to live a little...
  • martintanz
    Options
    Gyro
    Thai curry dish

I eat those from time to time. Just need to watch the sauce on the Gyro.
    Thai curry is a tough one, but I have gone out for Thai food and ordered some sate, and maybe a basil stir fry. My wife ordered the curry and I had a bite or two of hers, an a bite of my son's Pad Thai noodles.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wine and cheese! I love cheese and I put it in my omelets, but I can't have a brick of it in my fridge because I have a self control issue with the deliciousness of cheese. Instead I go to the deli and ask them for a few slices, that way I can have cheese and I don't have to worry about binging on it.
  • martintanz
    Options
    All of them. Beer/wine/booze too.

I try and avoid the pitfalls of candy, but I caved and bought a small chocolate cake the other day and don't feel the least bit guilt about it. I try and and stick mostly to foods that have nutritional value, but sometimes you have to live a little...

Yes, but there are foods that are hard to justify, like candy. I must admit, I was in a jewelry store the other day picking up a gift for my wife and they had gourmet chocolate, and I had one.
  • e001w
    e001w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have pizza once or twice a month. I bought some oreos the other night it was an impulse buy. I haven't opened them up tho.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Pizza, cheese, chocolate, soda(although I'm trying to quit) and wings.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    all foods..

cheese
    ice cream
    candy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    All of them...especially ice-cream
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Everything but mac and cheese... one of these days my true love and I will be reunited.
  • Eyesblu
    Options
    chocolate...anything high carb junk food...I'd give up if I didn't incorp. somehow into my diet in moderation ofcourse
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Authentic New Mexican cuisine; it's sooooo good....yet sooooo very bad (at least the dishes I prefer); they cook pretty much everything in real lard and cover everything in cheese and chile...chile's not bad, but everything else is just one big heart attack waiting to happen.

Fried Chicken

Chicken Fried Steak and 2 eggs with cream sausage gravy w/hashbrowns and toast w/butter and jelly (I haven't actually splurged on this one yet and I'm a bit scared to...I used to have this at least 2-3 times/month without even blinking).

Homemade "Wolf Burger"...I grind my own beef from chuck...I don't trim any fat, it just goes into the grinder as is...delicious!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want. But now I watch portion sizes and I plan for treats (if I have candy today I'll have to eat less at dinner, for example). I refuse to be on a "diet" and have someone telling me what I can or can't eat - it brings out my inner rebel.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    PIZZA, alcohol, BBQ, thai rice dishes/curry :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat all the same foods that I did before. I cut out sugar for the first thirty days, then brought it back when I got over the "sugar makes you fat" myth.
  • Shawneb66
    Options
    Mexican Food...I could eat it every day!!
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want. But now I watch portion sizes and I plan for treats (if I have candy today I'll have to eat less at dinner, for example). I refuse to be on a "diet" and have someone telling me what I can or can't eat - it brings out my inner rebel.

I agree - this is a lifestyle change and I need to live life!