Hate getting on the scale

Options
Anyone else hate getting on the scale. I havent since i've started MFP. I log EVERYTHING but i just dont get on the scale. I have noticed even though at I at a deficit i still have not lost any weight. I have lost inches but not weight. It's frustrating. I KNOW it's just a number but i do need to lose a little mostly because I do mma and the lighter I am the better i am. Also there is less strain on my knees (which are completely messed up) I'm not sure what to do.....How do you make sure you get on the scale and when do you get on the scale?

Replies

• rodeogal1985
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning, every morning. I know they say to only weigh once a week, but it is a motivation thing for me. If I wake up and the scale has inched up, I am extra motivated for that day. PS- I am a crazy person apparently lol :)
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a scale phobia, too, but it gets easier. Now I can't get enough of the scale because I'm so eager to see the numbers drop. Hang in there. I get on the scale every morning after using the bathroom, nakey, before a shower.
  • patinaragazza
    patinaragazza Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...I am down a size. I feel better and I look better (to me). But my scale refuses to budge. I do have some off days but I exercise 5-6 days a week. I feel like I will have to starve to get the scales to move another 10 lbs!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Curious to know how you have drawn the conclusion that you haven't lost weight considering you haven't weighed yourself. But putting that aside for a moment, if the actual number is important to you-the only way you'll get it is by stepping on the scale (and looking down). Ask yourself what is the worst thing that could happen if the number was x (insert your feared number there)? Then remind yourself of all the reasons that those worst things aren't going to happen and/how you can fix them (or work towards fixing them). Then step on the scale (and look down). If this gives you an anxiety attack-do a little bit at a time-like just step on the scale but don't look at the number. Whatever you need to do-but if the number is important to you-you're going to have to become one with the scale at some point.