Chewing gum

Options
sannsk
sannsk Posts: 203 Member
This might sound like a silly question, but I've found that chewing gum makes me snack less and keep me away from the chocolate cabinet... But does anyone count the calories in the chewing gum? You don't swallow it (at least I don't), so are the calories actually taken in? Or only partly? Or is my question absolutely ridiculous ? :laugh:

I had a look at the back of the pack, and 1 piece has 2.1 kcal. Which is not a lot, but I was just wondering...

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I rarely chew gum, but I wouldn't count it if I did.
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've counted gum before, because I tend to chew gum like its going out of style....like multiple pieces a day...lol...but the calories are so low--I dont think it matters either way lol Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont....I do alot of stairs every single day so the calories probably get burned up anyway ;)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i chew almost a pack a day and dont count it. its only like 40 calories for the whole pack
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    lolwut?

No, I don't think it's all that necessary to count gum. Nor is it necessary to count the calories you burn chewing gum.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    hubba bubba has 25 calories per piece :) lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I chew gum for similar reasons and I count it. I also count cough drops when I have a cold.