Marathon Training

Options
I hope someone has some ideas for me I don't know what to do. 2 weeks ago I started training for a half marathon I am running on May 2nd. I had it all figured out and planned for the next thirteen weeks which included 2 weeks of small runs before the marathon, then I got hit with bronchitis. My dr. has me on medicine and told me that I should be back up and running in a few more days! Very excited about that. But now I don't know where to start??? Are there any runners out there that know where I can find a running plan for 10 weeks before a half marathon???
Thank you MFP members for your help.

Replies

• gym_rat
    Options
    Try Hal Higdon's and jump right in to week 3.
    http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm
    That's what I would do. I've done a few half marathons and followed his plans and succeeded. Good luck!
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yep! Go to runnersworld.com and then training. You will need to make an account if you dont already have one to do: Smartcoach. Put in all of the information it asks for and it creates a great calendar for you to follow!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm running a 1/2 marathon on May 2nd too! I am using a combination of Hal Hidgons and MarathonRookie.com You're set back isn't bad at all we still have a lot of time to train. The main thing that is alike in all trainings is short runs during the week and a long run on the weekend. I'm sure you will do great and be just fine. Sorry you got sick I understand set backs and how long it takes a body to recuperate. Both of the above responses are exactly what I have looked at. Runnerworld had a good one too.

Good LUCK!
  • queensara2478
    Options
    Thank you for all your help. I am looking forward to training once again! Good luck with your race!