Exercises with Back Pain?

Options
Just over a month ago I sat down and it felt like someone had stabbed my lower back.My Doctor says it's muscle damage and should go with time. It hurts if I'm walking too long, standing for too long, and any bending at all. It's advised to stay active with back injuries, and I still want to exercise (especially as I want to be able to support and motivate my wife as well).

So, I was wondering if any of you had any advice or exercises that I can do that won't put too much strain on my lower back?

Replies

• AEFidgets
    Options
    You could try an exercise bike, an elliptical machine or an indoor pool. If you don't have access to any of those you could try breaking your walking into 10 minute (or less) sessions and just do enough of them to equal your exercise goal.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Black-High-Density-Foam-Roller/dp/B004T0ZS36/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_2/189-4908301-0689000

i just bought something like this and it changed my life. i have been having some crazy back problems lately but once i roll before and after workouts...made a WORLD of difference to stretch those little tiny muscles and stuff.

also kudos mentioning workout bikes and ellipticals thats totally the way to go with back issues.