Depo shot has derailed my progress

toribug
toribug Posts: 41 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone know how long this shot stays in your system? I got this thing over a week and half ago due to having ablation done last Thurs. and have been starving ever since. I worked out today for the first time in a week and bairly made it thru it. Was gonna go work out tonight but was so tired. I havent had energy since I had it, I don't even take the pill because of the side effects. I feel like I am starting over since before the shot I was working out almost everyday and watching everything I ate and was starting to lose again, but now this is making me crazy. I could still be tried from the ablation last week and all the meds that have been in my system this weekend but I need to get back on track.

Replies

• the depo shot lasts 3 months in your system (if you're talking about the birth control shot that i'm talking about). I had NASTY effects on that as well : (
  • The Depo shot sucks *kitten*!!! I was on it 10 years ago after my son was born and 6 months after he was born I weighed 30 pounds more than the day I had him. I hated it. I was so upset with my dr. that I told him " I see how this thing works. Its gonna make me so FAT that my husband isn't going to want to sleep with me and then I CAN'T get pregnant right?" LOL. He took me off of it that day!!!
This discussion has been closed.