Meal plan generator...?

Options
Does anyone know if there is a such thing out there that, for example, asks you a bunch of things you enjoy eating and creates a meal plan based on it?
With all the kids of websites there are out there I figure there has to be ONE good one that someone likes. I always eat the same things and mostly arent that healthy for me because its frozen CRAP.

Thanks!

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people that will put together meal plans for you to follow for about $50. Bikini competitor Bree Lind is one of them. I recommend just getting some cook books and slowing trying new recipes. A huge staple in my diet is ground turkey and ground chicken, it can be used with whole wheat pasta, made into meatballs, made into burgers, wraps, etc. I very rarely eat frozen food any more.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    emeals.com does. you can choose low carb and stuff and the stuff is pretty good. its not free though.
  • mauriewest
    mauriewest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am interested, too.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This might be something
    http://swole.me/
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This might be something
    http://swole.me/

I tried this once and it gave some really boring meals
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Women's health has some good meal plans, but I don't think there is a generator out there.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    This is what I started with - http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/best-workout-for-your-body-type

Printed everything out, substituted/added/ subtracted on my own (and the exercise stuff, I just did a couch to 5k and worked up to working out consistently).

The meal plan brings you to about 1500 cals a day and is good training for a healthy way to eat (if you bump some of the stuff up a bit).
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What might work is to make up a list of the kinds of proteins, grains, and vegetables that you really like and then plug those items into a recipe site and get a list of recipes that you can mix and match. This helps because then you can be sure you have all the staples and spices, etc. you need to make those dishes.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    allrecipes.com has an "ingredient' section where you can plug in what you have at home and see what new to you recipes it comes up with, along with a list of things to exclude from the results... ingredients you either don't have or don't care to eat.

There is also an "advanced" tab where you can do the ingredients to use, ingredients NOT to use and by particular dietary restrictions which include
    Dietary Preferences:
    Dairy-Free
    Low-Calorie
    Low-Sodium
    Wheat/Gluten-Free
    Diabetic-Friendly
    Low-Carbohydrate
    Vegan
    High-Fiber
    Vegetarian
    Low-Fat
  • n4apps
    n4apps Posts: 1
    Options
    Thought you guys would be interested in my Diet Generator app based on flexible dieting/IIFYM.

It's on Google Play, available only for android atm, mostly will be making it for iOS in the near future. It costs 2.49$, which's way lesser than how much ONE customized meal plan would cost you from an online/real-life coach.

You can pretty much create an unlimited amount of diets with this app which can help a lot if you're getting bored with your diet and would like to swap foods around here and there, or even if you're creating plans for friends/clients.

Google Play link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n4.dietgenerator

Once you get the app, make sure the nutritional values for whatever food you're going to use matches the nutritional values of the one in your tracking app.

Also, here's a guide on how-to use the app to get the most out of it:

How-to Guide for efficient diets:

1. Add any new food (if needed) to your list of food.
    2. Go to Options -> List options -> Create list & select the food that you want to use in your diet. Then click on create list. For optimal results, use 10-12 different food items. (Make sure you have atleast 2 or 3 different protein, carb & fat sources)
    3. Go to the calorie calculator. Fill in the fields with your height, weight, age, sex & activity level and click on calculate.
    4. Choose the amount of meals that you'd like to use
    5. Click on the Generate button
    6. If you aren't satisfied with the generated diet, click on the Generate button again or click on Re-arrange diet

If you've clicked on re-arrange diet,
    1. Check the list of food that has been used in the generated diet on the left. If you do not want something from it, click on the change food button and swap it with any food item you'd want to use.
    2. Select a meal and click on add food. Enter how many servings you'd like to enter and click on the add button.
    3. If you need to remove a food from a meal, click on remove food. Select a meal, and click on the food that you'd like to have removed followed by the amount of servings you'd like removed. Click on the remove button.
    4. Once you've used all the servings from every food item in your list, click on the save & return button to return to the previous page.
    Once you've a diet that you like that you'd like to save, click on the save diet button. Enter a filename and then save your diet
  • bcnewell27
    bcnewell27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you could try pepperplate.com - it's a website app combo. It's not a generator persay but it gives a variety of cooking websites that you can go to and import recipes to. I started using it when I got bored with our typical chicken and fish seasonings and wanted some low calorie snack/dessert ideas or just anything that would give me a little more variety.